Leasing Newbie - ID4 Offer @ $811/month acceptable?

Quick math in CA, I normally add 10% for tax, tile, license fees…

I use manufacture advertised deal as a starting point. From my past experiences I was able to get better deals than manufacture advertised deal. Dealer advertising is tricky with a lot of hidden fees.

I know due to part shortage, it’s not the same, but the OP was offered $811, it’s just way off.

Gonna have to go much higher here, as the EV incentives are all taxed.

Exactly. As long as they can find dumb consumers this trend may never stop. They may realize that that can continue to sell cars at msrp and higher and never have to deal with those looking for a few bucks off. About once a week now I get calls and emails from dealerships trying to lease me a new car, I keep telling them there is no new lease happening while your cars are selling at MSRP.

The manufacturer deals are never deals. It’s nothing but scumbags at dealerships trying reel you in with information and many many many many asterisks and little itsy bitsy fine print.
pink bouncing GIF by Anthony Antonellis

Agree. It’s barely a $400/mo car IMO.

tom hanks running GIF

2 Likes

Meh, you’re taking it way too personally.

National offers do vary significantly based on taxes, fees, registration, etc so it’s no surprise that they’d advertise the constants and leave the variables out.

The problem is that people just don’t bother to read the whole thing.

2 Likes

@AtomicDutchOven Of course I took the helpful feedback here into account and rejected the deal and will likely just wait around now…

Then again, I’m not sure if it is meaningful to say “it is barely a $400/mo” car when such a deal appears to be simply not available currently, and similar cars are also not much cheaper. The best deal I could find for the ID4 for 0 down 36 months and 10k miles was still >$650. I guess one can always wait for an economic downturn, easing chip/supply shortage… if conditions were so different just a few months ago, it will likely fluctuate again…hopefully

There are some vehicles where the perceived value and the offered leasing price don’t ever line up with each other.

2 Likes

That’s me on this one. I drove it and just didn’t care much for it overall.

1 Like

There are currently broker deals for the Niro EV Premium for $2k das and $280ish/mo in Socal. I have not test driven either, but here is a comparison done by Car and Driver - 2020 Kia Niro EV vs. 2021 Volkswagen ID.4.

I personally like the look of the ID4, but I also don’t think it’s worth more than twice the payment of the Niro. ID4 is pretty big. There aren’t a lot of options if you are looking for a BEV that size. Ultimately, it’s your decision whether or not you want to spend that much on leasing an ID4.

1 Like

Thing is he’s in Maryland, different state incentives as well as different taxation.

3 Likes

Why do you keep insisting on fighting this losing battle? If the ID4 doesn’t lease well then just move on.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Confused by id4 total down payment

I leased an ID4 for roughly $550 per month all inclusive of local taxes (PRO S) in CA Bay area. You can do lot better.

1 Like

CA isn’t MD. The differences in taxes and incentives can’t be ignored.

2 Likes

The only incentive I got was for the federal one $7500 (I did pay list price for PRO S) and zero down (just the taxes)

Bingo! I checked online and the suggested MSRP VW ID4 pro - 41,850 . Edmunds is about 41,950 … https://www.edmunds.com/volkswagen/id4/2021/msrp/
they bumped the price $4k

Except the offer is for a Pro S

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.