Leasing 2021 MB GLB250 Loaner w/5448 miles

Looking into getting a 2021 MB GLB250 Loaner with 5448 miles on it, deal info as follows:
MSRP: ~$46,000
Capitalized cost: $43756.67
RV: $26,613.40 (57%) (prior number listed was incorrect)
Down payment: $5K
Tax Rate: 8.875%

Monthly payment: $561

I have a concern regarding the vehicle just because I put a $1K deposit down to hold the vehicle and it had 5393 miles on it. When they sent the lease paperwork, the mileage went up to 5448. Am I wrong to think is not in good faith to have the car driven after my deposit was put down?

Apologies if I didn’t provide enough info, it’s my first post!

1 Like

Seems pretty bad on the surface. Separate and apart from the mileage part, are they leasing this to you as a used car? How is the RV 36%???

2 Likes

Its a 2021 with miles

yes, leasing it to me as a pre-owned car.
I calculated the RV, I might be wrong.

The depreciation value is $15,914.
I went with the 2021 because it has some features that 2022 does not.

This seems worse than buying new.

You can get a new one for a similar monthly payment without the down payment.

The residual absolutely kills the deal.

2 Likes

Are you THAT attached to the GLB? It’s a great value for its segment sure but, not like this.

Where is that deal? Direct OP so she/he can get that instead.

Not necessarily, I’m still shopping around.
The mileage after the fact is what really put a bad taste in my mouth.

That’d be helpful!
Thanks @Batistuta :slight_smile:

Depending on the exact options you’re missing in a 22, we could point you in the right direction, watch some reviews too.

1 Like

It is/was in the marketplace section.

I was looking at the GLB as a present for my parents. But now looking at just buying instead.

It’s funny, the 2022 driver and passenger seats are manual versus the 2021 are powered. I’ll have to compare both again to see but I’ll definitely check the reviews out.

The 5K down payment seems excessive…

Possibly finance it rather than lease it…

….

2 Likes

With 5k down i would finance! Not lease

1 Like

That’s 57.8% RV.

Yes, you are wrong. It is 50 miles on a car with 5k miles. That’s a mere clerical error, not some great conspiracy to cheat you.

1 Like

Is that b/c the chip shortage? mbusa.com states that power front seats are standard on the 2022.

I appreciate the clarification on the RV, how did you get to that number?

Also, I had checked the odometer myself when I drove the car and it said 5393. When the paperwork came in, the manager said they had loaned out the car again.

That’s weird cause the cars I saw at the dealership were all manual.

I’m sorry, but if you can’t calculate what percentage of $46k is $26.6k, you should not be attempting to lease for yourself and hire a broker to help you.

On the mileage… maybe a little rude of them but, again, we’re talking 50 miles. Not even 1% of its current total.

1 Like