Leasing 2020 Lexus NX300

Looking to lease Lexus NX300 with the info below, would appreciate some insight on the deal.
Is that a good deal?

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020, Lexus, NX300 Model: 9824C
MSRP: $43,592 (including add-ons and $1025 processing fee)
Monthly Payment: $375.34
Drive-Off Amount: $0
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12k
MF: 0.00095
Residual: 54%
Incentives: $1000 College Student, $3250 nx rebate
Region: Virginia
Leasehackr Score:
Leasehackr Calculator Link:

Go check out the Edmunds lease forums for the RV and MF numbers to validate.

You can find the MF and Residual on edmunds. Just google “2020 Lexus NX300 edmunds lease forum.”

At a glance, numbers look good esp if it includes taxes.

Est. Money Factor

Residual Percentage

54%

I’m a bit confused b/c, unless I missed something (which is entirely possible), the Edmunds forums don’t show any 2020 NX having a MF of 0.0006…

That number is derived from edmunds.com for the same MSRP at the same dealership, however I get a different number from the edmunds forum for my zip:

.00095 MF and 54% residual

The Edmunds website may need to be updated and the Forums is more accurate.

Go by what the Forum folks are giving you, it’s .00095.

1 Like

This is the number that matters.

We go to the Edmunds forum for this info because they get it direct from the bank for the specific trim in your specific zip code. Also why it is always important for one to ask on the forum, not just try to go off if what other people are getting, unless they happen to be asking in the same month about the same trim in the same zip.

@mllcb42 OK. Should I use forum number in the calculator? And Is the MSRP total price including add-ons?

That’s the number that you want to base your comparisons against, so if you’re trying to analyze a deal, you’d start with that in the calculator. You’d then want to compare against what the dealer is including in their offer to determine if they are marking it up or not. Based on your contract, they did not mark this up and did charge the .00095 buy rate, so you’re good to go there.

To evaluate the deal after the fact, we need to know both what the mf should be and what they charged to determine if any extra profit was made there.

As for MSRP, the value in your window sticker is what you want, in this case $43592. Add ons would be added to the selling price.

1 Like

After running through the calculator, it looks like 13.5% pre-incentive at buy rate. All in all, a solid deal.

1 Like

Thank you Matt

This is as close as I could get, within 4 dollars.

Your DAS (driveoff) is not 0, its $1500 downpayment + 1st month isn’t it? Negative downpayment is to account for your true due at signing: taxes and fees are capped, and you paid $1500 as downpayment + 1st month. That’s your true DAS, unless I’m missing something. You got 13.6% off before incentives on a lexus, its a pretty solid deal.

2 Likes

@RustyDaemon
Thank you, did the calculator include VA personal property taxes? I signed a disclosure that I have to pay $2109 at the end of the lease to the county for PP taxes. which makes it $58/mo.

No, calculator only includes 4.15 VA sales tax, which I took from the screenshot of calculator you attempted. You can’t negotiate taxes, thus it’s irrelevant to whether this deal is solid or not. You got great pre-incentive discount, buy rate money factor, no BS dealer addons. The only way to improve this deal IMO is to put down MSDs to reduce rent charge (I don’t even know if you’re allowed to do that in VA or not).

1 Like

I asked the dealer and they don’t do any MSDs

That’s always good reason to find a new dealer (unless you’re in New York where they can’t actually do MSDs, then it’s a reason to consider shopping outside of NY)

1 Like

Thanks everyone :pray:t2: