Leasing 2020 BMW m240i

The marketplace exists for a reason. So does the accompanying review threads

Interestingly enough, I just realized that the destination and handling fee $975 was added to the MSRP. Is this common practice?

Is it typically added to the MSRP?

Is the destination and handling fee the same as the acquisition fee when you are ordering a vehicle?
Because it appears I’m being charged for both.

The destination fee is the cost for the manufacturer to ship it from their factory to the dealer. This is typically a flat price across all models for a given manufacturer. Typically this is included on the window sticker but they may not be required by law to include it in the MRSP in advertising. Regardless, this fee is always passed along to the consumer. The lease acquisition fee is a bank related fee and is a separate, non-related charge that is always passed along to the consumer. Some manufactures also allow marking up of the base acquisition fee.

Oh I see. So they are two separate fees. Thank you.

And also residualized so you on pay ~50% of it.

1 Like

One more question: my currently-leased bmw is well under the allotted mileage per the original lease. I’ll be about 12k miles below.

Is there any way I can use this to my advantage when leasing a new vehicle?

Yup. You now know you got too many miles last time, so this time you can get a lease with less annual miles.

4 Likes

Thanks for the insight. So if I don’t lease/purchase a new vehicle and simply return my car to the dealership, will these credits go to waste? Or will I get a small refund for the unused miles?

I don’t have firsthand experience, but from the comments in the thread I linked the credit appears on your BMWFS account after a couple of billing cycles on your new BMW lease.

I did ok at autonation in early December. Base model M240i 2020, 6MT, couple small addons. MSRP 50k.
1500 drive offs and 455 per mo, 12k lease. I know they played with the numbers but 450 was my goal and worked out.

1 Like

Hi @Shane, how do you like the car? Maybe a silly question but do you get the cool cracks and pops from the exhaust?

Which dealership did you use?

hey!
i went to buena park bmw.
it has a little bit of exhaust sounds in sport mode when u get off the throttle, some gurgles.
i plan on getting exhaust soon or removing the resonators to increase the pops and bangs.

Thanks for the reply. Who was your sales person… I’d like to get a similar deal if possible.

[UPDATE]

So I’m finalizing offers to order my car, and all the offers I’m receiving are almost $50/month higher than the offers I received in December. They’re all saying that the deals BMW is offering are worse this month than in December.

Is there any truth to this? Or is this just a sales’ tactic?

MF has gone up (although not $50/ month worth).

What are the rv/mf/incentives now vs when you were looking in december? Are they changing the dealer discount amount?

They are claiming that all the other details are staying the same.

Is there any way to predict what will happen to the MF/RV or incentives next month? Is it entirely random every month? I’m just wondering if traditionally speaking, there’s some sort of pattern as to when is the best time of year or month to purchase or lease a car when these factors are most agreeable?

Get a broker and enjoy the car.

Can a broker order a car for lease?

They can pretty much do everything and they are 100x more honest than any dealer. Reach out to one and see if it’s possible, but if you insist on ordering a vehicle to your exact specs, getting a deal will be tough in any event. Esp if you order something way different like a red car with white leather and pink pinstripes lol.