Leasehackr Signed Deals Database

Leaving it as is!

1 Like

Very well put.

1 Like

Well-written!

I believe the only way to make something like this truly successful is through the use of OCR technology which seems like too much of a stretch for what we’re discussing.

I can’t imagine a group of individuals would have the time to “bless” signed lease contracts

It would be a nightmare with too many variables

I appreciate the spirit of what’s being suggested but I truly don’t see something like this really happening. Debbie Downer I know.

4 Likes

In the early days of Leasehackr, we actually had this database where we collated data points from users’ actual lease contracts, scanned and submitted to us (to prevent user errors). It became too labour intensive very quickly. :sweat_smile:

In a way, there are benefits for the community (for both sellers and buyers) that this industry is inherently “qualitative.” Your ability to process the qualitative data enables you “hack” a deal not available to the general public. I am not opposed to the idea (we have tried it!) or taking sides; just throwing something to consider as we brainstorm features that would be effective and executable.

4 Likes

Just imagine the value prop leasehackr would have with all this curiated data wink wink, i imagine a world where leasehackr gains so much userbase and traction that manufacturers realize this and provide brokers/dealers/consumers with incentive rebates to move more car volume :slight_smile:

I dont think scanned documents are needed per say but may be helpful for future verification of true hacked deals in the event the group of reviewers deem it untrue.

Lets be honest, how many signed deals are occuring on a daily basis on leasehackr? I think if we have enough volunteers that want to be part of the solution, it may be quickly achieveable. The biggest thing is users remembering to x out personal information.

I agree, this is going to create too much discrepancy, and might create a bad image or wrong impression to begin with.

2 Likes

This can be skewed unless actual contracts are posted.

Any jabroni can get their buddy at a dealer to print up a worksheet or snap of a blue screen with an unbelievable deal to try to bait another dealer into taking that deal.

I say: Nay.

2 Likes

You guy have done a tremendous job growing and keeping Leasehackr valuable. I am on board with the idea to start this again with scanned contracts. With the amount of members we have today, a TEAM doing this wouldn’t seem so bad. I would love to see this brought back and help Leasehackr grow even more.

As others have said I don’t know that there would be enough safeguards in place to ensure the accuracy of all the numbers in each deal.

What I would like to see (and maybe it exists) is a database with all the money factor, residual, and incentive info for each month so that those can be tracked.

Okay just to be clear I am not advocating for myself or any brokers…however…

Most visitors want what is repeatable and accurate at the current moment.

This would bring a completely false expectation.

For that baseline 95% probably turn to one of the many broker spreadsheets which provide a pretty reasonable baseline of where they need to be with obtaining a good deal.

Some decide to replicate while others decide to use the services of a broker.

Anything beyond that can not be replicated readily and at least even those hackers who did score a unicorn more than likely compared to a broker spreadsheet.

So instead of creating this whole thread to collate data on where deals are just turn to one of the many reputable broker spreadsheets. They are realistic, current, and accurate.

Not to mention organized and underable.

3 Likes

I am 100% in line with tremendous job growing the leasehackr to where it is now. But hell no to the scanned contract. No way. That is the customer’s copy and dealership property too. That would be illegal and if the dealership finds out about it, LH can get in legal trouble.

2 Likes

I’m for redacted contracts being posted with a likelyhood/effort ranking system. Any outliers based on the ranking are placed in archives with appropriate disclaimers once that calendar month ends.

2 Likes

@derekoh1991 There’s absolutely nothing illegal with a customer uploading their copy of the contract on a website to be used for a database. That is his/her personal information (which they can black out if they wish) and there’s nothing proprietary about such document. It’s a contract. Nothing more, nothing less.

2 Likes

These threads are absolutely ridiculous lol…people have to much time on their hands.

3 Likes

If they signed it, it automatically becomes the both party’s property. What part do you not understand? I actually fired a guy who posted a “signed” pencil on Facebook with a vehicle saying “this is the what I can do” type of thing when I was a manager at the different dealership in the past

2 Likes

Yes. But what’s the bloody point, I don’t want a finance arm or corporate looking at a crazy deal or anything people aren’t supposed to be doing.

You can’t have it both ways, dealers digging deep, or massive amounts of info and blasting it, uploaded permanently for anyone (including corporate lawyers) to see.

— Hershey

2 Likes

Verifying the contracts would be a big hassle and not worth the time. TBH I feel like this whole thing is not much more useful than the search function

6 Likes

Yes it would be very overwhelming especially for someone volunteering! Plus I don’t see very many people uploading their contracts.

2 Likes

A customer can upload whatever documents they have onto whatever website they want. There’s nothing any corporation can do to legally stop a customer from doing this unless dealerships make customers sign NDAs. You can terminate your employee for any reason you choose because that’s what at-will employment allows. There is absolutely nothing you can do to stop a customer from sharing their contract on a website…unless you make them sign a NDA.

2 Likes