Leasehackr Signed Deals Database

Agree with @derekoh1991. I can’t speak for other brands, but Toyota incentives change dramatically month to month. Literally payment can be $50-$100 higher. This has to do with residuals constantly changing, MSRP’s getting higher and the overall popularity of a certain model / trim. When you can see all deals from previous months you could be in a position where you are chasing a ghost of a deal. If @derekoh1991 got a deal on a Tacoma back in July I don’t need to see that if I am shopping for a Tacoma in December.

4 Likes

To prove Ryan’s post and speaking of Toyota incentives in Texas, the state of Texas has what’s called “tax credit,” so the payments can change dramatically from 31st of this month to 1st of next month. Back in April of this year, I used to do the lease on Tundra 24/12k for $280/month, but now it’s $359 on 36/12k because incentives change dramatically and also the residual.

It may not be anticompetitive from a legal standpoint (illegal), but not allowing this would at least partially reduce competition among dealers. “Leasehacking” infers getting the best deal, so anything to discourage competition should be carefully examined.

I’d call on the leaders of the site to judge. Maybe I’m wrong on this sites purpose.

I would love a thread like this, you could potential predict patterns or see when manufacturers revamp old strategies etc etc. I believe it could be a really useful tool. Yeah I know you can’t predict anything but it’s still cool

Isn’t that the whole point of collating the actual details? Let’s you see the monthly variations in programs, etc?

With that said, I don’t see how this idea is significantly different from the trophy garage/share your deals thread other than possibly asking for the information to be partially digested into a more useful form factor.

1 Like

But who’s going to post something in the 1st of the month saying that someone got a “unicorn” deal?

Who cares if someone does or not. I’d rather have a good source of qualitative data to draw from, even if someone decides they need to interject their objective opinions.

As a consumer, the more data I have to pull from, the more educated I can be and the stronger my negotiating position. It 100% isn’t in the favor of the dealer for me to have that data. It’s in their best interest for them to hold all the information.

3 Likes

How about just a collated DB of all the deals including a calculator link? Or how about just post the deal minus the incentives? If everyone removes the incentives in that DB, then you can still see the variation of the discount and payment.

1 Like

I think we are all missing the point here.

The intent was to just provide a more consolidated area of existing data in the signed deal thread to be more digestive. By adding a few more attributes alongside what is asked on the leasehackr calc, i can envision a consolidated spreadsheet that shows historical brand, make, model, rv, incentives, discounts etc… that would provide users with relative baselines whether it is no longer achievable or not it is a still a good feedback to look at

3 Likes

Dealers can be shady with information that they have. But don’t we have a good source of qualitative data from every state and every brand already? If someone was to start something like this, I am afraid that good dealers like me and other dealers/brokers won’t release pertinent information such as incentives and MF to the consumers.

But what am I rambling about. I am probably the dumbest and least qualified person to speak onto this matter.

1 Like

I think you might be thinking way past than necessary. This would probably be a tool for more advanced users rather than newbies. This would be PAST deals and if someone is referring to such a deal, I don’t see why a simple “no” from you wouldn’t suffice.

I maybe overreacting, but I think that’s just something what most of dealers/brokers can all agree on.

The key thing here is that sometimes there are data input errors, like we see all the time with user-submitted Calculator links.

It would be naive to think that this database would be wholly accurate, unless scans/PDFs of signed contracts are vetted by moderators. I would worry about fake numbers being input by trolls to skew the data, and then have that skewed data be taken as gospel by users.

Input validation is a hard problem to solve.

2 Likes

Would actually help you as you’d have historical data to prove why that deal 6/9/12 months ago isn’t possible anymore. I don’t know about you but my mind gets fuzzy after a month or two and there’s too many moving pieces to remember exactly month to month.

I guess this is where we can use the community to validate and flag deals that dont make sense

Well, then we’d have to look at incentives for past 12 months and the residual and MF. And have to explain to consumers that the deal from back in April don’t make sense right now in November.

2 Likes

When I am looking at cars, the first thing i do is search the forums on past deals on what pre incentive deals have been had, then i look at what brokers have been posting as another baseline. Was thinking if past data was all collated in a functional way, it would make life easier

1 Like

Isnt that what happens now when people search in the forums for past deals? I would say this is moreso the new and misinformed members

We could even have a group of existing brokers and trusted hackrs to be deal vetters that can push through the submitted deals and if proof is required then that would be part of the vet process.

Overall, i think it would be better for the community imo but if the feedback from brokers and dealers is no then i understand that as well. The service and info yall provide are invauable and rather have that then what i was proposing

3 Likes

Other than being more organized, how do you envision this being different than our current share deals/trophy garage?