Leasehackr Meme Lounge (Part 1)

You guys are fighting with someone who’s on a quest to “educate”. Nothing you will tell him will ever register and there is a very good chance that he goes back to some echo chamber to get more “information” to bestow upon this forum while basking in their “collective wisdom” and making fun of everyone here for being unedumacated morons.

Is there a reason why this forum doesn’t have downvote functionality, or something like “this post was market as stupid by community”?

You can flag, but there is no option for stupidity. You can select “Other” and enter “Stupidity” there though lol

1 Like

You can just assume every one of his posts is considered stupid. It’s basically a blanket rule at this point.

People like him can’t stand being challenged which is why he doubles and triples down on every incorrect piece of information he posts. And it’s not that he actually thinks he’s right, it’s that he can’t accept being wrong. I know they say don’t feed the troll, but I think by not responding to him, that would be in effect feeding his ego. Imo, you gotta tear it down wherever applicable.

That’s actually incorrect. You will not be able to tear anything down as your opinion doesn’t matter to him. Every conversation in his world is split into people who agree with him, and idiots. The more you try to tear him down, the more he’ll fight you and get off on the attention.

What he cannot fight is forum moderation. In order to not have forum filled with useless garbage, if his posts are removed, he can’t do anything about that, just silent removal of misinformation and that’s it. He’ll give up talking to himself eventually as the joy of constant fighting will be gone.

2 Likes

It’s not incorrect when you look at his post history. There was a moment when he took a hiatus, albeit brief, because people were constantly challenging his false assertions. He wound up coming back with a vengeance. If you further look at his post history, you will see that not challenging him reaffirms his belief that he is right and should therefore continue to post.

You want to remove his posts based on misinformation. Unless that misinformation causes violence against or physical harm to fellow forum members, removing his posts could be a violation of his constitutional rights. I would never advocate for that just because I disagree with him.

He could have just been on vacation or more likely in a hospital with a broken jaw because he forgot that live arguments have consequences :slight_smile:

What now? I didn’t know that this forum was run by the government and moderators are members of congress.

At the end of the day agree with me, disagree with me, you are fighting a losing battle and damaging your own psyche and well being.

4 Likes

Freedom of speech is not limited to government entities. Removing posts because you don’t like the person or the content is a violation of your first amendment right. Not sure why that’s a surprising concept.

1 Like

First amendment only applies for Gov entities

3 Likes

Legally, sure. But as a matter of principle, I personally don’t agree with the notion of silencing dissent. I’m a big proponent of shining a spotlight on stupidity versus letting it cease to exist. There are exceptions, of course.

1 Like

There is dissent and there is blatant “shit stirring”. Eric is “starting shit”, you are “stirring shit”, at the end of the day it’s all shit and no one wins except for the guy who started it and then sat back and watch the entire world be covered in the shit of his making. This is as flowery as I can describe the situation :slight_smile: I’ve also just realized that we turned a thread meant for memes into shit.

2 Likes

Does Elon know this?

2 Likes

That tends to happen

No clue tbh
I know posts get flagged for misinformation on IG and FB, not a twitter user so I genuinely don’t know.
Unless the content is physically harmful in nature, I just don’t agree with the idea of removal. That’s my opinion.

This is your opinion, but that doesn’t mean LH owners can’t moderate any way they wish. That being said, he does not really break any LH rules, as far as I can see. But flagging his posts for misinformation is fair.

I think Eric’s posts became harmful when he started taking fights to the brokers and dealers. Dragging the brokers and dealers into his ignorant trolling should have been immediately stopped by the Mods. It didn’t help that Eric then admitted he was trolling the brokers.

But for some reason LH seems to have condoned that behavior, even though this site needs the revenue from those users to stay operational.

I think it’s because Eric said any filter of his posts was “LIBURUL” and the mods didn’t want to play into Eric’s hands? Very odd decision either way. I’ve posted about how Elon is a jerk, and the mods immediately landfilled that to protect Elon Musk. But then Eric attacks brokers and the mods are like “fair game suckers”

2 Likes

That’s correct. My general opinion on the freedom to speak your mind, not my opinion on enforcement for private entities.

Not sure you were landfilled to protect Elon, that would be odd. Typically the landfilling happens when things go off the rails, like they are right now… In any event, his comments on liberal shit should have been landfilled for sure. The mods may, ironically, have him on ignore which is why they missed it hahah

No, there was a reply I made that literally enticed no significant back and forth or eric51 style negative discourse. It was just a statement that a certain Hydro Homie shouldn’t be surprised about Elon’s behavior today given some examples of Elon’s behavior from the past. @z0lt3c has a much more aggressive enforcement of rules when it comes to Elon I guess.

But then Eric talks about how LIBURALS ruined California and how he hates leftist fiscal and monetary policies… and the Mods are like “whatever”. We know Eric can’t seem to do basic math, and the mods allow 50+ back and forth “educational” bullcrap comments before intervening. It’s not consistent at all.

Read these two comments and tell me which one ought to be landfilled. If you believe both comments should be landfilled that’s cool. But the mods only landfilled one of them. Edit, you’ll see Eric literally made his comment about leftists one post after Max said he’d delete attempts to derail this thread. The mods will immediately clean up Tesla threads. But let some absolute garbage fly elsewhere.

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/leasehackr-meme-lounge/249465/9181

The Tesla Landfill. Shame. Shame. Shame - #236 by holeydonut?

2 Likes

Yours was rightfully landfilled and his should have been landfilled. I am not a mod but if I was one, I would have landfilled his as well.

2 Likes

What about this post? Why do you believe this was also landfilled? People go into the EQS, Wrangler 4xe, eTron, etc threads all the time and bash those cars and talk about how deals with competitor vehicles are so great. But go into a Tesla thread and bash a Tesla, it’s straight to the landfill.

Bottom line, the mods should have cleaned up Eric’s garbage the same way they clean up the Tesla threads. Then we wouldn’t have had all of the memes… and discourse would have remained around good leases instead of Eric’s trolling.

The Tesla Landfill. Shame. Shame. Shame - #237 by holeydonut?