**Leasehackr Forum Feedback Wanted!**

I think people think they are getting more of a discount doing it this way, as you allude to. I’m sure the sales manager is well versed in fluff speak, and blows enough smoke up their asses to make them think they actually are getting a better deal than they are.

The veterans on the board have pointed this out in the past. The rookies either didn’t see it, or felt they were wrong.

Welcome back…

1 Like

@Cody_Carter, @Benedetto,
As mentioned in a different post, when it comes to the last mile in a Q to complete the quota, and you have 5, 10 or unpopular model and you want to end up on the right side, gather a quick purchasing group with attractive discount that will expire after a week, just make your numbers.
It’s a “Win Win” situation for everyone - environment, economy, dealership, salesman, clients, manufactures, just name it.

@Cody_Carter, you might say that your spreadsheet is already at the “rock bottom”, but you are forget the monthly vouchers that your manager has.

Also, it will reduce the hassle.

You can still try and sell under pressure to “rookies” and make more money. No one will complain if your quota was 80 and you sold 82.

Your thoughts…

My quota is super low. 20 units. But we don’t do any high pressure selling in fleet department. At the end of day the discount doesn’t get larger if we get 5+ ppl wanting to buy. It’s all the same to me. 1 or 10 pricing is still the same

Certain manufacturers, get kickback money on either specific units, or # of units hit I’m assuming that’s why these group buys make sense. For example, BMW’s get a flat % kick back on New cars, but if you check out the 7 series it’s like 15k off which is not nearly enough to make a profit, so manufacturers basically set a up trunk money for the model being sold.

I’m assuming when it comes to group purchases those cars are going out year models which have taken a dip in sales and the manufacturer is offering a lower MF, trunk money, or reward bonus money to let dealers sell it for cheaper.

I’ll respond to the one part and reserve this post for after month end.

Response: What makes you assume I’m getting paid if I go over my quota? Do you by chance know how the volume programs work or scale? It’s not a simple 1 -1 ratio nor do all units pay on volume.

To be continued after month end.

Can more tags be created? I just made a post about Chevy Silverados and the only tag that was available was Chevrolet. I would like to see other relevant tags like Truck, etc. Model and trim specific tags would be beneficial IMO.

1 Like

We limit the creation of tags because we don’t want a deluge of tags to dilute the purpose of tagging – general categorization for an easier search. We think the details should be in the title. That said, let me discuss with @michael to see to what extent we want to expand the tags to model/trims. Might be helpful for popular car models.

1 Like

Is there a way to search with more than one tag at the same time? That would be a helpful feature unless I’m missing how to do that.

The forum is easy to navigate by search, topic, etc. In my opinion, ongoing efforts to keep the thread count to a minimum have stifled a lot of the shared knowledge that was previously available on the forum. Like combining the “i am looking for xyz” posts to one mega thread has made all of those posts a jumbled mess that is of little use to anyone. Keep it under a specific forum heading, but don’t limit it to one thread. And don’t be so quick to lock threads…useful information can be buried in those threads, as well…even if they go a little off the rails for a bit. My .02. Fewer admins…less policing…let the discussions run their course.

Thanks for providing great resource.

1 Like

Newbie here, but this forum software is pretty non-intuitive. Actually, straight up it’s bad IMO. :confused:

And?.. You posted under “Suggestions”.

IDK, perhaps completely useless information for you… But it was more ‘comment’ feedback rather than ‘suggestion’ feedback - so guessing wrong place!

I’m a developer who should be saavy with this sort of stuff, but this format is hard on my eyes and my brain.

So you admit the issue is you. Good first step.

2 Likes

K sure my fault.

To be fair (to everyone), I don’t know how much flexibility Discourse allows w/ its forum formatting (another Discourse forum to which I belong looks and functions exactly like this one). I initially found the formatting and such a little difficult (w/ the other Board since I’ve been on that one for yrs), but you get used to it pretty quickly.

Hello. I’m having difficulty figuring out how to make a new post.

How to block LH user ?

You can mute or ignore a user while visiting their profile.

Thank you …