**Leasehackr Forum Feedback Wanted!**

When you click the reply button under a particular post, it should show the reply-to name on the top. If you click the blue reply button at the bottom of the thread, then you are replying to the whole thread so no name would show up.

Great suggestion! We have added the Off-Ramp category for all other things automotive!

I realize that, but for some reason it doesn’t seem to work always. Like right now it says I’m replying to @littleviolette but I’m not sure if it’ll actually show up as a reply to you.

EDIT: and of course the one time I wanted to show it as an example, it actually did work. A majority of the time it doesn’t.

1 Like

Highlight the text you’re replying to, and it shows up like this!

using this https://www.discourse.org/

1 Like

Happens to me too…

This is one example…it doesn’t show I was replying to Jason

1 Like

yup, i’m still almost never getting a reply correctly attributed to the right person.

edit: see that was a reply to max_g.

This is one of the best forum software out there currently, you guys don’t want to deal with 1990’s style like 6speedonline.com and rennlist.com

What about a rating / thumbs up/down system. Let us know what the really good replicable deals are.

You can create a poll for this functionality.

To create a poll, click the wrench icon when you write your post and click “Build Poll.”

I’m having the same issue as @ng0 . Everytime I click to reply to someone, the reply box shows the person’s name on the top left corner, but after I click the reply button, the post doesn’t show as a reply.

Edit: Oddly enough, this time it actually worked for this post.

haha, that exact same thing happened to me on this thread. :slight_smile: It’ll be interesting to see if this works.

EDIT: and… just to be clear I did reply to @Jon when I wrote this message. Showed that I was replying to him, but then it didn’t show up on the actual post.

What do you guys think about this suggestion?

People posting in the MARKETPLACE tab should still follow the share/deals and ask the hackr format (MSRP, Model, Selling price, MSD, etc etc. )

The reason I brought this up is because I am seeing more and more dealers posting the cars name with no year and just the price they want.

2 Likes

absolutely agree.

Lease transfers (private party) can be exempt as the MF, RV, etc hardly matter (they are already set in stone).

2 Likes

Please don’t force a new tab/window when you click a menu item (eg. on home page click “Forum”, “Calculator” , etc.: it should open the link in the same tab, not a new one). This is annoying.

In addition to my previous post- I think the formatting from the share deals should apply to “Ask the Hackrs” as well since users are asking for advice if their’s is a good deal without inputting all the needed information.

1 Like

Category names could use some tweaking…apparently lots of people seem to think “Share a Deal” means posting a random offer/ad from a dealer and asking for advice/opinions.

The genuine “Share a Deal” threads are my favorite…who doesn’t like seeing a good-to-great deal? It’s too bad that awesome category is filled with so many people who should be asking the hackrs instead.

1 Like

Perhaps we could use brackets or parentheses to show which rebates are known to be mutually exclusive, i.e. cannot be stacked with each other.

Eg, “Targeted: [$3,000 Asian lease conquest, $1,500 competitive lease, or $500 lease loyalty]”

And there is a simple solution for this: only moderators should be able to create new topics (like on Edmunds), but it will require more work on their part.

When we did the meetup in SoCal, we discussed getting some “moderators” with @michael but never really went very far.