Leasehackr Calculator Updates

Thank you for everyone’s feedback on the Leasehackr Calculator! Your continuous feedback has helped us keep our beloved auto lease/finance calculator current. Here are the latest improvements and updates to the Calculator:

• Improved integration between Rate Findr and Calculator. When one-pay/money factor discount programs are selected on Rate Findr, the discounted money factor is automatically populated in the Calculator. This is in addition to the auto-population of your selected residual value, mileage, money factor, and cash incentives on Rate Findr!
  • New layout. We reordered the input fields to make the Calculator more intuitive.
  • Non-subvented programs. Rate Findr now shows both non-subvented and subvented lease programs.
  • One-Pay. We added the one-pay function for VW Group (Porsche, Lamborghini, Audi, and Volkswagen), Hyundai Group (Hyundai, Kia, Genesis), and Nissan Group (Nissan and INFINITI). We also updated all built-in one-pay programs to the latest reported figures.
  • Volvo demo car program. Added Volvo demo car residual value adjustment function to the Calculator.

Thank you for contribution in making this crowdsourced calculator possible! We work hard to keep the Leasehackr Calculator resourceful and free for all. Please report any update and bugs to us as you see it.

The Leasehackr Team

16 Likes

Calculator doesn’t load for me. Anyone else having this issue?

Hmmm maybe try clearing cache?

Loads just fine for me but I’m still seeing the old layout. Might take a few hours for the update to propagate

Works for me!

Some browsers save the previous HTML file. Clearing cache will force the browser to reload the page.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see those one pay lambo deals!!!

2 Likes

Working well for me! Makes more sense to have all the tax stuff in one place.

Any chance this was implemented?

2 Likes

One pay reduction of .0008 does not change the MF on Maserati

1 Like

I didn’t know that Maserati also offered one-pay. Just added Maserati to the one-pay list.

We overlooked it – thank you for reminding us! I will ask folks to make suggestions to the Calculator on this thread so they don’t get lost.

We changed “reg_fee” to “gov_fee”. Old links will still be parsed correctly.

Thank you everyone!

3 Likes

Works perfectly!!! Thank you! :smiley:

Neither did I :grin:
But rate finder shows it for subvented Chase program.

I’d like the next iteration to be more sophisticated about the displayed % off MSRP. Add back all dealer fees since they are variable in like 47 states. Add the cost of any MF markup. That’s closer to a true discount for the purpose of calculations and comparison.

Also add fields for broker fee and shipping that feed into effective monthly and total cost.

1 Like

You likely won’t be leasing or buying a car in the next 5-10 years so I am not sure why any of it would matter to you. :thinking:

2 Likes

@littleviolette another thought just considering logical placement of things, should the “Capitalize Taxes” checkbox be moved down into the taxes section?

3 Likes

So, if I select “One pay” without going back to the rate finder program and checking “ONE-PAY LEASE RATE REDUCTION” box, the original MF does not change and the numbers stay the same as a result.

Thanks for the Volvo demo miles!

1 Like

i really like this calculator
perfect :+1:

The way it works:

1. Preset One-Pay MF Reduction. There are certain makes that have preset one-pay MF reduction built into the LH Calculator (e.g. MB, BMW, Porsche). If you have access to Rate Findr and you select the one-pay program for a specific model on Rate Findr, the Rate Findr one-pay MF reduction would overwrite the preset one. When you share your calculator link with one-pay selected on Rate Findr, the Rate Findr MF reduction would be shared via the calculator link. Even if the user doesn’t have access to Rate Findr, the user would still see the Rate Findr MF reduction that was shared.
  2. No Preset One-Pay MF Reduction. Some makes don’t have preset one-pay MF reduction built in because they differ by model (e.g. Hyundai). In that case, you would only see MF reduction shown in the one-pay box if you select one-pay on Rate Findr.

We have Rate Findr MF reduction overwrite the preset reduction because we want to make sure the latest figure is reflected.

Adding a broker fee field is a great suggestion – we will work on implementing this in our next iteration. We understand your suggestion regarding the fees, but would have to think about how we can possibly display it without confusing the user. :thinking:

Let us think about it. The intention is to add the tax to the capitalized cost, hence why it is under the Capitalized Cost section. From a UI/UX perspective, an additional cap tax selection box underneath the tax method selection boxes would make it look like it’s part of the tax method selection.