Leased a new car for an ungrateful spouse. Marriage is over. How to unload?

, ,

Ya know those “blood sucking lawyers”? This is when they earn their pay!

Go seek legal counsel, I am sure there are plenty of attorneys who would be glad to help you in this.

Best of luck in the impending legal battle!

2 Likes

Does it flood in your area of the country?

8 Likes

It does now.

8 Likes

Take a credit card out in her name and payoff the remaining balance.

7 Likes

Probably walk on the sand and leave a trail of footsteps, IIRC.

Tell your friend to enjoy the Mazda.

3 Likes

Most logical lol

I told my wife, if you ever fuck up… I am racking up your credit cards as punishment lol

1 Like

Crypto cold storage is always a good insurance policy for unforeseen events. As is physical pms

2 Likes

Tell your lawyer about it - but first try to sell it off or keep the car. Lawyer option is nuclear depending on your state law your friend might be able to get the “liability” shared

Sell it for a loss and not even worry about it. The loss on the car will be minuscule compared to the rest of the divorce.

9 Likes

Just remember that every hour spent with a lawyer is the equivalent of one monthly payment.

10 Likes

Crypto cold storage is incredibly effective for avoiding the forensic accountants in divorce.

3 Likes

Does Mazda allow lease transfers?

Allegedly yes

Ummm did you want to get rid of her or the lease?

Both if possible I bet

1 Like

Ya cool man I love fraud

Forensic accountant has entered the chat. There is nothing fraudulent about crypto cold storage in the least.

1 Like

No there is nothing inherently fraudulent regarding crypto cold storage. Utilizing crypto holdings to obfuscate assets for divorce proceedings on the other hand…

There’s a difference between planning and fraud. I have business owners that finalize their divorces prior to selling their business down the road. You play the game.

1 Like