Drive-Off Amount: $1677
Months:36
Annual Mileage:12000
MF:.00087
Residual:58%
Incentives:
Region:Michigan
Leasehackr Score:7.2
Leasehackr Calculator Link:leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Honda&miles=12000&msd=0&msrp=32315&sales_price=30000&months=36&mf=.00087&dp=1000&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=595&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=58&reg_fee=200&sales_tax=6&demo_mileage=0&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true

Are you sure selling price is $30000??? If so that is an absolutely abysmal deal. Please double check your contract.

4 Likes

Any discount on a Honda is good. So sexxxxxyyyyyy

4 Likes

Which dealer in MI did you get this from? I’m in Detroit and was shopping around for one last year, so I know they are tough to negotiate. One dealer downriver got me at $350/mo for a 2.0 6MT, but even I thought that was too high for a $30k car.

Maybe this is decent deal for a Honda Accord, but overall seems to expensive. Next time be sure to ask before signing the deal. Enjoy the car.

Traverse City. The MF .00087 and Residual 58% are what I obtained from Edmund’s Forum. I have not found Honda lease numbers to be good. I am very happy with the car.

I got a selling price of $27,500 (13.5% off) for my 6MT in February 2018. However 6MT stock is down to almost nothing now (Honda hasn’t produced them in months) so from what I’ve heard most dealers with them are holding the line. I think 12-14% off plus any incentives would be a good starting target for this car.

1 Like

Agreed. $4,000-5,000 off MSRP is do-able any day of the week on that trim.

My.lease is up at the end of 2021 and I’m hoping by then I’ll be able to pick up a 2.0 sport for low 300s. If I’m not going to get any great deals I’ll just extend my lease for another year.

Might be the worst lease deal in history - Leased a Sport edition for 239 month with 1800 Drive off with 15k year in miles

1 Like

What year?

Definitely not the worst lease in history

Are you comparing a 1.5T to a 2.0T?

1 Like

Effective $411 a month payment on an Accord Sport (yes, I know it’s the 2.0).

Alittle expensive, no?

1 Like

When I posted my deal on the Honda Accord Sport 2.0 I never said it was a good deal (365/mo).I expected a negative reaction . I wanted the car and the monthly payment fit within my budget. I have not seen a good lease factors from Honda compared with other cars as to MF, Residual and incentives. Possibly I could have negotiated a better selling price with Honda.

It’s a fantastic car. In terms of features (infotainment, Honda sending) and performance (2.0t is brilliant) it is really hard to find a car with as much fun per mile. Mine was 345 a month for 15k miles with zero down and 27k selling price. Enjoy!

1 Like

Accord? Fun?
What bloody world are we living in again?

@jonb989, You…just enjoy your car. K?

2 Likes

Although these don’t “lease well” comparatively in the traditional sense, IMO these are fantastic cars with features that even BMW fan bois like myself don’t get on cars that cost nearly 2x the MSRP. And, I don’t think there is anyone out there who thinks this new Accord is a bad looking car.

Have you driven one? It is quite a bit of fun in the old school Honda way that’s been lacking for years from the brand. I tried to talk myself into trading mine for a 2018 340i during the BMWpalooza last year but couldn’t bring myself to do it. The Bimmer felt very sterile in comparison. I know the G20 is better, but then you’re comparing a $60k M340 to a $30k Accord…it’s hard to argue the value of this car for anyone that enjoys driving and prioritizes low maintenance costs over the badge on the front.

@jonb989 I suspect the selling price being so high is due to your location (TC - one Honda dealer in the region). If you had emailed every dealer in the state you would have gotten many first pencil quotes lower than this. I suspect you could have gotten a 2020 for $27k or so, or a leftover 2019 for even lower. Yes these don’t “lease well” due to no specific lease incentives, mediocre MF, RV that will probably wind up leaving you with positive equity - which IMO just means that it’s an easy decision to find a leftover model, negotiate the hell out of it, and finance it. Nevertheless, enjoy the car! Look into a KTuner or Hondata upgrade :slight_smile:

I am pleased with the deal and car performance so far. I did not mention that I had 9 months left on my CRV and the dealer paid the “pay off” amount to Honda freeing me from the agreement. There was no dollar penalty to me , but likely lost some negotiating power. The final selling price was close to the Edmunds and Kelly BlueBook price for usual selling price for a n Accord Sport 2.0. When I used the Lease Hacker calculator, the results were almost exactly what the dealer was offering. The dealer was fair, I was perhaps not a good negotiator.

For future reference - both of those sites are dealer lead generators. On the CRV, I’m not surprised that it had equity. I doubt the dealer did you any favors :slight_smile:

Check out the giant thread titled How To Negotiate.

Next time you’ll do way better!! Enjoy the car :slight_smile:

1 Like