LEASED 2018 Maserati Ghibli S

I love the exhaust sound! It makes me want to drive in Sport mode the whole time.

It’s leased for three years, so I’m hoping maintenance isn’t going to be too often. I figure two sets of tires at about $1,500 each time. Maybe brakes which I can just go to any brake shop for replacement. It will need two oil changes, and that’s what I need to research. Do I pay the $350 to my dealer, or just go to JiffyLube? It’s leased and I am not ever going to keep it, so I can’t see going to the dealer for that. It shouldn’t need any other maintenance other than those items before I return it in less than three years (I’m sure I’ll get out a couple months early).

Crossing my fingers!

Thank you! I love this car. It drives unlike any other car I’ve experienced. I went for the wood grain. One, it’s all my dealership had in their inventory. And two, I’m old fashioned. I like that look over the carbon fiber. To me, it’s more luxurious and classy.

Do you think you’ll get another one when your lease is up?

1 Like

Good stuff. 1% on a Ghibli is a good deal in my opinion.

I personally like the Carbon better then the wood. Never really paid attention to that. I’m a sports car type of guy. Wood is for luxury, carbon is for speed.

The exhaust note on the car is amazing! I’m always in sport! I’m a sports car guy so def wanted the carbon. I like the small changes they made to the 18’s…congrats again!

I want to leave it in Sport mode all the time. Mainly because it deactivates the Start/Stop, without having to skip through menus to get to the Deactivate button. I also LOVE the exhaust sound in Sport mode.

Do you find that it makes a significant difference in your gas mileage by driving in Sport mode all the time? I realize it’s an expensive sports car, so it sounds kind of petty to worry about the MPG. :slight_smile:

I love starting the car up in sport mode, I wish there was an option to remote start in sport. There’s a very good chance you’ll have terrible fuel economy because you’ll be addicted to the exhaust note.

Also I highly doubt jiffy lube would have the correct oil and oil filter. It’s not too terrible if you can DIY, parts just cost a little more than an average car. Same with brakes, the Brembo brakes are easy to work on.

You did so much better than me. Good for you!!! Enjoy it man!

Find a really reputable Indy (independent mechanic). Personally I’d never go to a franchisee like Jiffylube and the others, too many horror stories out there.

I plan on finding a good independent mechanic with experience working on Italian autos. I mentioned “Jiffy Lube” somewhat tongue in cheek. :slight_smile:
I always took my leased Volvo to the dealer for routine maintenance…of course they didn’t charge in the hundreds for an oil change.

No wonder since Volvo has 3 years of free maintenance. Why would you not take it to the dealer?

…not the tire rotations. Not new tires. Not new brakes.

The free maintenance is the once-a-year type services. Which is basically nothing but inspecting various items. I can’t recall much of anything getting replaced during those visits.

No one covers tires or brakes. Rotation is $45.

Exactly. Worth it to me to take it to Volvo for the work, rather than save a few bucks and enjoy the convenience of a chain repair place near me to replace the tires, brakes, rotations, etc.

Tires are about 40-50% more at Volvo than at some NTB store that will match Tire Rack.

I negotiate that, too! Volvo wants $X for their tires and alignment. I pull up prices from the national chains. Ultimately the Volvo guy comes down a little closer to the special price offered by Goodyear or Firestone, or whomever.

Good to know. They would not come down on Michelins for me though.

Well, driving to the place to tint my windows today, not even 150 miles on the odometer, a pebble launches off the highway and bounces right off my windshield. Now I get to repair the chipped divet or replace the whole windshield. Called State Farm and she said the car is still processing, it’s covered, but this happened so soon it isn’t even in their computer yet to look up. So I have to wait to file the claim. Fortunately in Florida, there is no deductible on windshield replacement. So the $3,000 Italian-shipped windshield shouldn’t cost me a thing.

Just not what you want to deal with when you have barely cracked 100 miles in your new Maserati!

Thanks for letting me vent.

Good ol statefarm!

I was debating if I wanted to tint my Mazi when I get mine.

No worries. Your therapy session bill is in the mail. :slight_smile: Sucks though, so new.

Wait for @dukez with his F-type story :grin:

1 Like