Leased: 2017 Toyota Tacoma - $320 a month

That’s a much better deal than I’m able to obtain in TN. I was quoted $450 on a 36/36K $0 down on the SR5.

I went to dealership yesterday and was able to get them down to $329/mo for the TRD Sport 4x4 with $1k down. 36k/36mo. Still shopping around but may go back to try to get that offer for a limited (wife wants leather and sunroof).

1 Like

What part of the country is this?

Upstate Ny. It’s not a true lease but the payment is sub 300.

One of the local dealers called and was able to run the numbers through US Bank. Came back with .00155 MF and 63% residual. No good deals 'round these parts for leasing a Tacoma.

Cassie, can you tell me how you came up with that financing cost of $132? I was coming up with $152.
Steps:

1. 33,353-781=32,572
  2. (32,572+35,242)*.00225 = $152.

Thanks

Your RV number is wrong.

No I had the same depreciation cost as Cassie, but was coming up with a different financing cost, and wanted an explanation to make sure I was calculating mine correctly:

1)depreciation expense
MSRP= 35,242*.73 = $25,726 residual
33,353-25,726 = 7,626 worth of vehicle depreciation
7,626 depreciation / 36 months = $211 month for depreciation expense

1. finance expense
    (35,242+33,353-781)*.00225 = $152 month for finance expense

2. $211+$152 = $363/mo

Rent charge is (33353 + 25726) *.00225 = $132.92

1 Like

Oh I see! Great response Jon! I was calculating the rent charge incorrectly thank you! Now that doesn’t factor in tax, correct?

U can always beat the advertised price.

That is correct . No taxes

@Nrvna76 Which credit union is offering the “lease-like” balloon loan program in upstate NY?

Sunmark. Sort of becomes a pain because they don’t share residuals. You have to take a stab with a certain vehicle to see the payment. So far Tacomas and Sierra Denalis seem to work out pretty good in my estimates.

This was helpful. I’m interested on how you were able to negotiate the sell price down $3k plus ? I’m currently speaking to a few dealers (out of state) about a trd sport/double cab/white/4wd/manual. Finding dealers will give you best internet price. Ex)the msrp on the truck I’m interested in is $35242. Sell is $33704. Should I be starting on the residual and mf first or offer lowest price ? I’m trying to figure out the order of events to arrive at best deal. Great info here, I’m glad I found this site. Thanks in advance !

Residual is set by the finance company and cannot be negotiated. MF is also set by finance company but the dealer can mark it up some to make a little extra. I have not heard of Toyota dealers doing that though, so the MF is likely the ‘buy rate’ (BMW, Infiniti typically inflate the MF).

The way to the best deal is to get the best selling price/make sure they aren’t adding on a bunch of extra fees/“services” (clear-coat, interior protection, nitrogen tire fills, etc).

This is one of those Sonic Automotive dealerships that has moved to a no hassle policy. I literally negotiated nothing on the truck price. They were selling it for $32,991, which I thought was incredibly fair, unlike others that have a similar policy. coughCarmaxcough It was by far the easiest car buying experience I’ve had.

i would definitely pull the trigger on something like this in CA

Looking for a Tacoma in south NJ. 12K 36M double cab TRD. Can anyone help out?

I am in the market for this vehicle as well, also located in Colorado. Who did you purchase through? Thanks for any info!