Lease Takeover: 2016 BMW i8

2016 BMW i8
MSRP 154,295
Crystal White on Dalbergia Brown Leather
Lease Term 36/10k
28 Months Remaining (05/2020)
Approximately 2500 miles now (Mileage Allowance 30k)
Payment $1208 (Not including tax)
$8750 MSD Put Down (this amount to be paid to me upon lease transfer, since you’ll receive $8,750 back from BMW at the end of the lease term)
Tera World Trim
Laser Lights
Black Brake Calipers
20" BMW i Light Alloy Wheels
Please PM Me for More Details

So assuming about $1,300 a month with tax, correct? I’m pretty sure I’ve seen ones around here go for $200+ a month cheaper.

MSRP on this car is on the higher end. $154k. A lot of the other ones I see is in the $140ish range.

Early 2016 is when residuals were crazy high I saw New ones go for 1000-1100 and demos under 1k. so this deal isn’t bad. maybe offer an incentive since the NSX is the same price.

This is a pretty good deal I’m sure someone will bite.

With the MSDs-does anyone know if the car was totaled-do you still get the MSD back?

Where is your car located btw?

The finance manager told me when I was signing the contract that even if the car is totaled, I would still get the security deposit back. Car is located in Georgia.

Post photos! (20202020)

Tried to but it keeps on saying files too big. I can email or message pictures to interested parties.

You need to first upload to Imgur then post here

I’ll take it but the tax law is going to change in January. What part of Georgia are you in?

Hope you aren’t driving it in the snow.

Haha it was tempting to take it out to test the all wheel drive system, but I kept it warm in my garage. I’m in Atlanta.

Why are you getting rid of this?

Very tempting for me. I’m in Atlanta as well.

This is a solid deal for anyone doubting it. I was in the market for an i8 last year… his MSRP is about 13k higher than the average “deal” i8’s that people are talking about. OP’s car has laser lights which is like a $6600 option when ordering the car, along with the crystal white paint which is $1800, and the dalbergia brown tera world interior which is like $4000. On top off that he has a lot mileage remaining on the lease, keep in mind as the mileage cost per mile on the 6,7,M, and i8 series is .30 cents per mile. Good luck with selling the car OP, I’m sure someone will take it as it is a solid deal for a high spec car.

I already vouched for it last week. In addition I think 2016 models is the final year that brakes and rotors are covered.

depends when in 2016, has to have been titled before June/July i forgot the exact date.

Thank you guys.
It is really a pretty good deal for a $154k MSRP car. The brakes and rotors are covered. I asked the dealership before I signed the papers.

Now it’s 27 months remaining with approximately 2500 miles. I haven’t had the chance to drive it recently.

It is my understanding that the free maintenance is for the original lessee/owner only, and cannot be transferred.

1 Like

This is correct. None of the maintenance is transferrable unless it’s to someone in your household. BMW changed the rules about a year ago.

1 Like

That’s a fair deal, I’ve been watching i8’s on swapalease and most want $8k down + MSD’s