Lease takeover: 2015 BMW Z4 s28i $359/mo, zero down!

UPDATE: Lease transfer completed, car no longer available! Congratulations to Ann from California!

This is a GORGEOUS BMW Z4 convertible with a KILLER lease payment I’m looking to trade out of since I’ve decided to go electric and my #2 weekend car no longer fits my lifestyle. This car has a rare 6 speed MANUAL transmission and is a sheer joy to drive with either top up or down. It’s also in perfect condition. Car ls located in Los Angeles, CA.

[2015 BMW Z4 sDrive 28i - 6 Speed manual]

MSRP: [$58,990]

Color: Valencia Orange

Current Mileage: 25,600 miles

Dealer Options: Cold weather package, M Sport package, Technology package, Design Pure Traction/M pkg, Hyper Orange package (w alcantara leather)

Extras: Rear OEM wind deflector, Bavsound Stage One speaker upgrade, Michelin Super Sport tires (good tread remaining). Will swap with original Bridgestone run-flats (almost new) if you prefer those.

Monthly Lease payments: [$359] not including tax

Term: [36 months]

Mileage: [10k miles per year]

Months left: [11 months] Lease ends Dec 2018

Mileage remaining: [15k] approx 1,300 miles/mo (leased as Exec Demo with 10K miles when I got it so you can drive up to 40,445 without mileage penalty)

Lease End Buyout: [$34,528.00]

Condition: Excellent, runs like new, no problems, no issues, perfect inside and out.

Warranty: FULL BMW factory warranty valid until January 2019, transferrable to new owner

Lease is through BMW financial. Since I had to put a fair amount of money down to get the monthly payment so low I am not offering any special incentive for the takeover. Hiowever I am not charging any other fees or downpayments, you’re simply responsible for the transfer fee and application from BMW. I’ve also listed this car on Leasetrader so you can either go through them or through BMW financial directly.

Feel free to contact me with any questions. I will consider delivering car outside of S. CA within 800 mile radius.

Leasetrader ad: http://www.leasetrader.com/2015_BMW_Z4_sDrive28i_286740.xhtml
photos: https://paulvachier.pixieset.com/bmwz4/

Great deal, SoCal people are so lucky!

I’m confused with the mileage. If it’s a 36/10k term and it already has 25k miles, how is there still a 15k allowance? Was this a demo with a bunch of mileage already?

Sorry, it was leased as an executive demo with 10,445 miles on it. So 40,445 is your allotted mileage at lease end

Ahh, the good old days when there wasn’t a RV hit. Good deal. :+1:

hello, deal looks good.
interested in takeover, can you please DM?
thank you

Sorry what does DM stand for?

Direct Message
or how to contact you?

Sent you private message sir, local enthusiast looking for a manual weekend drivers car

@vachier, with an offer to pay the remainder of your debt from a guy named @Insolvent, how can you say no? :laughing:

3 Likes

Beautiful car and color

Bump, last buyer backed out at last mimute. Car is available again!

@vachier i suggest you post on swapalease. You should be able to get a qualified taker there quickly. Costs $100 and at your payment it should not take too long to find someone.

I’m on Leasetrader and don’t want to pay any more fees. I’ve had lots of interest but the last 2 people started the process and and then backed out.

Anything wrong the car? I personally like swapalease it’s cheaper for all parties and I had success with them.
Manual transmission prob doesn’t help finding a taker

Nothing wrong as stated in description. Like new condition inside and out.

No lease return protection?

@vachier, I looked at the lease trader ad, here’s what stands out to me:

9 mo left means someone has to pay transfer fee and dispo fee. between those two it’s $800-$900.

You have non run-flat tires on the car. Someone has to return the car with run flat tires. Run flat tires are generally $200/pc so you’re looking at another $800. Then you state that you want to charge for them. I suggest you take the michelins off and put the runflats back on so there’s no issue. And then you can sell the michelins on CL.

You put aftermarket sound system in the car. You can’t return it like that, which means you’re asking someone to go through the expense of putting it back on. That’s more money.

So between the transfer fee, the disposition fee, the cost of runflat tires which you’re trying to sell separately and the cost to put the original sound system back in, you’re looking at a lot of hidden cost for a 9 mo lease on a 3 yr old car. Add the fact that most people don’t know how to drive stick or don’t want to sit in LA traffic with a stick shift car, it’s no surprise you have a hard time moving it. And that’s just the surface stuff I can tell from the ad.

The fact that two people pulled out it’s unlikely just because of credit issues, i suspect there’s more you might not have shared yet, who knows, i’m not accusing you of anything, just making observation.

If you’re serious about getting rid of it, i suggest make the car original again with the correct tires and original sound system then put and incentive to share the transfer fee and then hope someone likes stick shift enough to want the car. You are offering a lot of miles/mo and the car is a good looking car so that’s some positives but i’m afraid it doesn’t make up for all the negatives unless you do something about it. Good luck.

PS: for anybody interested in doing a lease transfer with BMW, it can be done in way less than 3 weeks (as stated in OP) if both parties are on top of it and don’t hold up the process. Only one stage of the process requires actual physical mailing of paperwork and the rest is done electronically, It can easily be done in half the time if everybody puts an effort, i’ve done it multiple times myself.

5 Likes

Astute observations that most people that are unexperienced would miss.

Too many gotchas on this car to make it worthwhile on a 9 month spin. Someone could extend the lease 6 more months but why would they on a 2015 BMW?

I think OP is going to bite a nasty bullet on turn-in when he realizes he treated BMWs car like he owned it himself…

Thanks 305Hackr for pointing out some of the issues with the car that newbies might not be aware of.
But let me also make some clarifications that I feel make it a better deal than you have characterized

I looked at the lease trader ad, here’s what stands out to me:

9 mo left means someone has to pay transfer fee and dispo fee. between those two it’s $800-$900.

Yes this is true. True for any lease transfer, not just mine. Also the disposition fee is waived if you buy the car out or decide to lease another BMW when you turn it in.

You have non run-flat tires on the car. Someone has to return the car with run flat tires. Run flat tires are
generally $200/pc so you’re looking at another $800. Then you state that you want to charge for them. I >suggest you take the michelins off and put the runflats back on so there’s no issue. And then you can sell >the michelins on CL.

I only want to charge for the run-flats if someone takes both the Michelins AND the run-flats. I’ll happily put the OEM run-flats back on and keep the Michelins if you prefer but the run flats are HORRIBLE tires, I can’t imagine having to drive in those for 9 months wheres the Michelin Super Sports are the best tires you can get for the car. With the run-flats this car drives like a pickup truck with a bed full of cement. However I’m happy to swap the tires out for free if you don’t take them both. For a few hundred more though you can keep the Michelins on till the end of the lease and have brand new run-flats to put on when you turn it in, best of both worlds.

You put aftermarket sound system in the car. You can’t return it like that, which means you’re asking >someone to go through the expense of putting it back on. That’s more money.

It’s an $600 Bavsound Stage One SPEAKER upgrade that upgrades all 7 speakers from cheap paper cones to composite cones with neodymium magnets. The upgrade in sound is exceptional but if for some reason BMW would not want a car back with better speakers than it had originally (not that they would know since the speakers are hidden in the door and dash), I have all the original speakers and they can be swapped back in in a matter of minutes. The new speakers have plug and play cables (no splicing) and easy to swap with minimal tools even for a novice. I did the install myself in less 45 minutes. I can put the old speakers back before you take the car if you want but I think you’d be better off keeping the better speakers and if there’s a problem, swap the old speakers back before lease return, they will come with the car for no additional cost.

The car also includes an OEM BMW rear windscreen that is a $350 value that did not come with the car, so you can keep that and sell if you wanted, as well as selling the Bavsound speakers if you decided to put the crappy old ones back in. So there’s a bit of money to potentially be made on the car too.

Add the fact that most people don’t know how to drive stick or don’t want to sit in LA traffic with a stick shift >car, it’s no surprise you have a hard time moving it. And that’s just the surface stuff I can tell from the ad.

I consider it a plus, since it’s really hard to find a car like this with a stick shift and people who want one will have a hard time finding one elsewhere.

To be honest, I haven’t had a hard time finding buyers, I had to turn several potential buyers away while I was waiting for the paperwork to go through with the first buyer. I literally had to choose between 3 different people who were ready to go when I started the first transfer. I didn’t know that you had to stay on top of BMW Financial though to get all the paperwork finished and the buyer was in a rush and got another car into the third week without informing me that he decided on a different car. He also forfeited the $500 transfer fee so it was an issue with him being impatient and bad communication with BMW, not a problem with the car itself. The second buyer just backed out after 3 days because he is on the East Coast and didn’t realize how much it costs to ship a car across the country. Again I had other buyers who I had to turn down when I started the process with him. I do need to vet my buyers a bit better before starting the process…

If you’re serious about getting rid of it, i suggest make the car original again with the correct tires and >original sound system then put and incentive to share the transfer fee and then hope someone likes stick shift enough to want the car.

As I said I’d be happy to put the run-flats back on and put the old speakers back in but that’s a terrible downgrade for the car. If it were me I’d keep the Michelins and upgraded speakers until the end of the lease and swap the tires back just before returning to BMW. Then IF there was any issue with the speaker upgrade I’d swap the old speakers back - simple process. That’s what I would do but if someone wants me to downgrade the tires and speakers for them, I’ll do it for free and you’ll have to live with a much lesser vehicle for the remainder of the lease and I’ll keep the better parts, but maybe somebody prefers that…

PS: for anybody interested in doing a lease transfer with BMW, it can be done in way less than 3 weeks (as >stated in OP) if both parties are on top of it and don’t hold up the process. Only one stage of the process >requires actual physical mailing of paperwork and the rest is done electronically, It can easily be done in >half the time if everybody puts an effort, i’ve done it multiple times myself.

This is good to know, I wish I had known this before engaging the first buyer, he was really serious but very much in a rush and the delay from not staying on top of it killed the deal for both of us and ended up costing him $500 and me 1 month of lost time. Thanks for the info, this is a great forum.