Lease takeover: 2015 BMW Z4 s28i $359/mo, zero down!

PS, I’m changing my ad to reflect the different possible options available with the tires and speakers since I guess I wasn’t very clear about it with my first ad. Feel free to ask questions if any of it isn’t clear.

@vachier

I read your replies, they all make sense if you want “better” but the person assuming a lease doesn’t necessarily want that, he wants:
a) short term lease
b) enough miles
c) cheap payment
d) least amount of upfront money
e) doesn’t want to deal with putting a car back together upon lease return

You got A through C covered. D & E are your problem, and I think stick shift is also your problem but you claim it’s not so I’ll take your word for it.

If I was in your shoes, Since you’re willing to replace, I would not mention the speakers or the tires in your ad. While it’s an upgrade to you, it’s a headache and expense to someone else and someone might question whether or not you did other mods which would require more expenses at lease turn in (I hope you didn’t). If you want to mention later once the transfer is done, you can but for the reasons mentioned above, I would just not mention it in your ad. If the person doesn’t want it, after the paperwork is done, go put it back together and hand over the car. If the person wants it, you can just keep it as is. About the rear windscreen, mention that it removable and costs $350 and you’re giving it with the car for free. People understand it’s not a mod but an accessory and they will value the added benefit.

If I wanted to get rid of the car quickly, I would offer an incentive. I think half the transfer fee is a good incentive in your case because if your attractive payment and miles left to drive. The reason why I say that because a lot of people only search for cars that have an incentive applied to it. $250 isn’t a lot to get it done quickly and not to have to pay another monthly payment and insurance.

So if you were to do all that, now a person looking at this car would think:
short term, enough miles, cheap payment, only $250 to take over the car, all original and I get a free $350 wind screen. Assuming that stick shift isn’t much of a problem as you suggest, this should be a no brainer for someone to take over. Heck, if that car was in FL and I needed a car I’d even take it, because even though I wouldn’t want a stick shift car, I’d take one because it’s so short term that I wouldn’t care as I would look at it as “a cool sporty car for a few months”.

In regards to the BMW transfer:
I’ve done it where I started the process on a Monday and the car transfer was complete on Friday, 5 days later.
Stage 1: fill out credit application which is done online
Stage 2: Both parties get a bunch of documents to fill out which you have to mail back. Both parties mail it back via overnight to speed up process.
Stage 3: Review and approval by BMW. Then they need to mail some documents back for the new owner to take to the DMV to complete tag registration, you can also pay for that, but I believe you have to have a Fedex account number and ask BMW to bill overnight charge to your account number. Like I said before, I did it in 5 days, BMW is really good about reviewing documents quickly. As long as both parties provide accurate info and pay for overnight, you can do it quickly.

In regards to @Phantomcypher comment about lease extension, yes you can get one, but how long of an extension is not a guarantee and takes some finesse. They’ll give you 2 months no problem if you say you’re shopping for another BMW but beyond that it becomes a negotiation because they really don’t want you to keep driving that car, so by flat out stating your an get 6 mo extension like for example Lexus would give you, it isn’t accurate because it’s not a guarantee and you shouldn’t make any promises In your ad if you were planning on mentioning it.

I also wanted to mention that BMW is not allowing lease transfers during last 6 mo of the lease so you don’t have a lot of time left to do it.

I hope this helps you move your car quickly. I think it’s a really good looking car in that color.

I’m not going to withhold information about the car that is pertinent to the new leaser. It’s kind of odd that you first suggested that I might be withholding information about upgrades made to the car, and now are recommending that I do just that in order to move the car more quickly :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I’d rather be transparent, it’s a FANTASTIC car and a great opportunity for the right person, all the other Z4s out there lease for $500 - $600/mo (or more).

1 Like

What i meant is to not put it in the ad to avoid confusion and doubt if you’re going to put it back together before delivery anyway. The end result is that the new leasee gets the car with original parts. If the new taker wants the speakers and tires then you don’t have to do any switching back and it saves you the headache, especially if you don’t find any takers and have to drive the car until the end of lease. You’re hardly misleading anyone by doing that.

But you can do as you please. I gave my best recommendation to you, you can take it from here. Good luck.

Thanks for your suggestions 305Hackr. I’m not going to put the old speakers back in however, UNLESS the new person wants them. And if you heard the difference between the 2 systems there’s no way you would want the old speakers. The Stage One system from Bavsound is CUSTOM designed for the acoustics of the Z4 and are a big upgrade in sound quality (see here: https://www.bavsound.com/Stage-One). These make the car more desirable and a better car than other Z4s out there if you value the quality of your sound - the system sounds amazing! They can easily be swapped out in minutes if needed, but I don’t believe that BMW is going to require the inferior stock speakers to be put back in. If it were an exhaust modification or engine modification, like a Dinan tune or something, that is different. These speakers are hidden and don’t change the appearance of the car, they only enhance the sound quality of the stock stereo system. If anyone has concerns about this I offer 2 options to you: I put the old speakers back in when you takeover lease, or I give you the old speakers so you can replace them yourself IF BMW has any issues with it (why would they? BMW has to sell the car to a new person after turn in and these increase the value of the car).

This car is an epic ride, but since I’m now an electric car driver and committed to driving electric vehicles this car doesn’t get driven enough to justify the cost of a 2nd lease payment for me.

While i can appreciate good speakers most of what i’m saying is not even getting through to you. You keep hammering on the “better” because it matters to you personally (better ride because of better tires, better sound because of better speakers etc) instead of focusing on what a person considering taking over the car is concerned about. So i’m not going to continue trying to convince you, I’ve given you my suggestions based on having experience in this subject but of course you can do with the info as you please. People on this forum that are interested have the opportunity to read through this interaction and will know exactly what they get. People on leasetrader you can handle any way you wish. Again, i think it’s a cool looking car, good luck and all the best.

You input is appreciated. I’m trying to be as transparent as possible and offer several options to the new owner. This car is not for everyone, it is a VERY special vehicle that is not normally attainable with a lease payment less than $500-600/mo. This car is for enthusiasts and Im not targeting the average lease buyer, I’d rather see it go to someone who will appreciate this car for what it is. If someone is just looking for a good deal on a lease takeover, go for a Toyota Camry.

For you, and very few other people. You should just accept it.

1 Like

Would love to check out the car tomorrow. Please message me if it is still available. Thanks!
Erin

Nice car and nice payment both by leasehacking standard and by auto enthusiast standard. Looks well maintained and great pictures. Shows pride of ownership. Pity it does not sell :slight_smile: And pity I don’t need a convertible right this very minute.