Lease Help - 2019 VW Atlas SE 4Motion w/Tech

@Rmel77 I think a 10% dealer discount is good…I had at least 3 dealerships that were willing to do that. Only 2 were willing to deliver the ~130 miles for free. I think 12% is possible if they’re trying to move metal before the end of the month.

1 Like

@AB_hackr- thanks for sharing.

I posted this yesterday: My potential Atlas deal

We were ready to go, until I saw the window sticker for the car and it wasnt 2nd row captains chairs, so he swapped cars. Fine. Now, I realize he ‘forgot’ I told him it needed tow package.

At $465/mo, it SEEMS like this is a good deal. What do the experts think?

Here is some of the detail from my posting:
2019 VW Atlas SE w/ tech and 4motion
MSRP: $42164
Sales price: $35,662.9

I am trying to get itemized fees and incentives from dealer

Deal offered is $479/month <-- UPDATE: $465 is new price
This includes (rolled into lease)
-NJ sales tax (6.625%)
-all fees except first $479 payment<— UPDATE: $465 is new price
-PLUS it includes them taking over my 6 remaining lease payments on my 2017 Forester Limited ($315 each payment)
55% residual
Money factor .00151
12k miles/36 months

why on earth are you rolling in 6 payments?!??? over on mileage?

basically want that third row.

We are at 32000 on our lease, so I have some time, but tires are almost ready to be replaced. Also has some dings (got ‘doored’ in a parking lot, also bumper damage)

My goal is to find a really great deal and jump. If this deal isnt ‘really great’ (meaning I can do much better if I wait), then there is no reason to jump.

Requirements: 3rd row, Captains Chairs in 2nd row, power lift gate, trailer hitch. We are between Subaru Ascent vs this Atlas. Ascent limited was $499, including rolling my lease in. This is $465. Just pay 1st months payment, 0 down / 0 out of pocket beyond the $467.

As awesome as it is to have a new car, you’d be silly to eat 6 payments if you are not over on miles. Plus, the Atlas terms are garbage IMO right now. i would hold off a few more months… maybe aim to make a deal on New Years eve

1 Like