55% residual
Money factor .00151
12k miles/36 months

I am trying to get itemized fees and incentives from dealer

Deal offered is $479/month <–UPDATE: $465 is new price
This includes (rolled into lease)
-NJ sales tax (6.625%)
-all fees except first $479 payment <–UPDATE: $465 is new price
-PLUS it includes them taking over my 6 remaining lease payments on my 2017 Forester Limited ($315 each payment)

I haven’t figured out how to post calculator. By my attempt at lease calculator, if I just focus on the lease and ignore rolling in my payment, the payment should be $455 plus tax ($1136/36=$31.55) for a total of $486.55, with a lease score of 7.5 years

This deal APPEARS better than what I got in calculator.

Good deal? Or do I sit on it for 6 months and see if the deal re appears in March?

Thanks so much for any and all advice. I apologize for not having all the details. This was a case where we focused more on payment vs purchase price before incentives

I was able to get the fees. Still unclear on the incentives. Also figured out how to include calculator :slight_smile:

This does NOT take into consideration them taking over my current lease. This SEEMS like a good deal to me…

Hi!

I am revisiting my prior option on a 2019 VW Atlas with 4motion and tech package. I am taking my current lease out of the picture, and focusing solely on the new vehicle.

I plugged MSRP and Edmunds TMV price in (its very similar to my original dealer offer; I am changing the options, and wanted to figure out my target deal). Given the following numbers, is the calculator payment amount accurate?

Edmunds says that there is currently $4,500 in lease cash right now. Plugging this in, payment seems way lower than expected (I expected around $425ish):

12k miles, 36 months. 07090 zip

• MSRP: $42,255
  • TMV Purchase Price: $35,763
  • MF: .00151
  • Residual: 57%
  • (estimated) dealer fees:
  • Acquistion: $675
  • Doc Fee: $395
  • (estimated) Registration (MVC)/TTL: $411
  • Tax: 6.625%

Am I using the calculator incorrectly, or should this be my target? Its saying my $0 drive off (including all fees and tax) would be $361 (!!!)

Good luck getting 15% off without the rebate.

TMV, TrueCar etc is pretty much useless. They include purchase incentives. Get actual quotes and look at others deals on here.

2 Likes

You need to get a deal sheet because highly unlikely they are discounting an Atlas 15% before lease incentives. If the $465/month with rolling in your current payments is valid, it’s a great deal.

One suggestion - MSDs on the Atlas is a great use of money. Drops the MF .00080 which will save you over $2K on approximately $5K over 3 years.

2 Likes

thank you both for the comments! Edmunds clarified explicitly: $4000 dealer cash is baked into the price. This agrees with @chrishs2000 comment :slight_smile:

@Britten440: the dealer said that VW Finance doesnt do MSDs. Using a non-captive lender is an option that I have heard of, but I have struggled to figure out how to do that. Any tips on how I can find a lender that allows MSDs and bring them to the table?

VW Finance 100% does MSDs… helped a buddy with a VW Atlas least last week in NJ… Some dealers are just ignorant to MSDs as we have seen this with BMWs too.

1 Like

Would love to know where you are getting this deal! I am looking for the same exact car in NJ. Wonder if tag teaming a dealer for 2 would help push the needle a bit more