Lease Deal 2019 Kia Stinger GT1

Hi. Just received the lease sheet on a new '19 Stinger GT1. It’s my preferred color of Ceramic Silver. This is for 36 months and 15,000 per year. Haven’t started negotiating at all yet. Thoughts? Dealer is very highly rated and the car has been sitting in the showroom since they got it.

The only good reason to lease a stinger is to buy it out immediately so you can use the larger lease incentives.

Highly rated Kia dealer? Sounds suspect…

12 Likes

Why is the DAS nearly $11K???

It’s not. Lease incentive is “lease cash” so it’s applied to the cap cost reduction. It’s over 8k on the GT1.

3 Likes

I know the lease buyout is the way to go but I just want to lease it and move on.

What do you suggest I try to deal on? Selling price?

$490 incl tax for a $50K car for 36 mo/15k doesn’t sound that bad to me, TBH.

2 Likes

How’d you negotiate them to nearly 12% off before incentives? A dealer I was negotiating with broke down around the $49500 selling price on a $53600 msrp GT2 awd, about 1k below invoice. Thanks,
Chris

Hi. It seems they are pretty eager to move this out of their showroom. I really think being able to speak in their terminology helps a lot. Use key words to show you have done your homework. They sent me an updated lease sheet today after I said I would need a better selling price:

This is deep into M340i money, but I recognize that’s obviously a smaller and less practical ride. It’s not a stellar lease deal but Stingers rarely are and this is fairly okay for one at that MSRP.

A 340i X-drive? I would love one but we are talking 20K-ish more right? What should I ask them to change on this lease in your opinion to make it more than fairly ok? Thanks!

Higher MSRP doesn’t always mean higher lease.

2 Likes

I’m not entirely sure but I feel like that MSRP is a bit inflated for a GT1 AWD. I think it should be closer to 48k or so

It has the remote start and puddle lights added which is another $780. I have the window sticker unless they can change that…

I think you’ve got a good deal on your hands. Beats 1% even with max mileage, taxes & fees.

That is irrelevant and not a useful measure for if it’s a good deal or not

Maybe I should’ve added - “Compared to other Stinger deals I’ve seen”, because so few of them have even achieved the 1%. Other than that one Stinger deal with what looked to be a dealership MF typo of .0002, no other mentions of Stingers even get close. The 1% is a benchmark regardless, and for the longest time, people held the notion the Stinger can’t hit it due to high MF & low residual.

1 Like

Let’s hope so. I’m about to pull the trigger and get it!

I just realized; is that $2200 cash collected a down payment, or is that some part of the incentives?