Lease check - 2024 VW Atlas SEL

Just received this lease offer on a 2024 VW Atlas SEL in CT.

Seems extraordinarily high to me. Thoughts?

Post your best attempt at a calculator.

Did you put a target deal together on this before reaching out to dealers?

Here are the numbers I came up with.

Edmunds is saying a fair price for the vehicle in my area is $46,982.

What have you found when looking at broker deals here for discount amounts?

As a company VW decided not to promote leases

You’re best off looking at other brands for better leases or financing the vehicle you really want

Effective $778/mo for a 4 cylinder Atlas, that sounds like a hard pass.

2 Likes

This might be a dumb comment but why am I seeing such a gap between my numbers and the dealers? I’m assuming it’s the selling price.

What other areas of the invoice can they modify that I should be questioning? I haven’t purchased a new vehicle in years.

Advertised selling price may include purchase rebates that don’t apply to leases.

Since VW is the only manufacturer I know of that’s doing 0% APR for 60 months right now (on the Tig, IDK about the Atlas), it’s clear their marketing strategy is about promoting purchases.

VW has been terrible in terms of value for a long time, IDK why you’re wasting your time TBH.

Yup, I’m about done with them. My wife really likes the car though :frowning:

UPDATE - I told the VW dealer to go pound sand after he called and said incentives were changing next month. I’m purchasing a 2024 Honda Pilot Touring

Do you know if the dealer was giving you buy rate on the MF or marking it up? That could be one area where you’re getting the different numbers.

I’m thinking they are marking it up maybe adjusting some of the fees as well. Here’s my confusion:

2024 Honda Pilot Touring
Final Price $49,485.53 ($4150 discount/incentives)
$2000 down/ $646 month.
12K/36 months
62% residual

2024 VW Atlas SEL ($4664 discount / no incentives from what I can see)
Final Price $49,721.56
$2000 down / $723 month
12K/36 months
60% Residual

My wife likes the VW because of all the fancy lights

What’s the MF being used in this deal? Is the dealer marking it up or is it buy rate? Have you checked Edmunds Forum for the current MF in your zip?

It’s hard to put a calc together without that info.

Don’t assume you’re getting buyrate.

1000% a dealer markup on the SEL. The selling price is well above Edmunds recommended.
2024-04-29 15_08_24-Honda Pilot Build & Price - Build Your Own Honda _ Price _ Edmunds

VW Atlas TMV

Not sure how important the lights are to your wife but overall the Honda is hands down a better deal.

1 Like

Also, you’re Edmunds screenshot is not for the same MSRP car you are looking at. Your MSRP is $52344 isn’t it?

You’re giving every piece of information except what is being asked. What is the MF the dealer is using in this deal? What is buy rate MF per Edmunds Forum. Please find out these numbers. You’re spinning your wheels until you do.

You don’t even know what the “dealer mark up” is until you find out what MF the dealer is using for this deal. Looks like dealer discount for this deal is $1664 + $3k rebate.

That’s my other issue. This dealer is not giving me the $3000 rebate but another one who doesn’t have the color/options we want is.

Please see the PM I sent to you. After you find out what buy rate MF is, propose your deal to the dealer using that info. I sent you a screenshot in PM showing you what price to shoot for BEFORE incentives.

If one dealer is not being transparent with the rebate then move on. That money comes from VW not out of the dealer’s pocket like a dealer discount. Rebates and dealer discounts are not the same thing.

1 Like

If memory serves, that’s a retail only incentive so it doesnt apply to a lease.

Having current, accurate information for residual value, money factor, and incentives is important in understanding your deal. As such, going directly to a source that has access to that data from the captive banks is your best option.

Rate Findr has that information, as they have direct access to it from the captive banks. It’s a tool on the Leasehackr Calculator, available to Super Supporters.