Lease a BMW i3 as low as $125 a month, $0 drive-off. (Yes really) [Updated for May]

30 vs 36

Pros:

• Minimum length to get CVRP
  • Higher residual value, lower payment
  • or drive more for the same price, eg 30/15Kmil has the same residual as 36/10Kmil, but you get to drive 37.5Kmil instead of 30Kmil.

Cons:

• 1/2 of the registration is wasted
1 Like

what was ur final number/s?

Again not as good deal as the OPā€™s. But itā€™s the best deal I can find this weekend around San Diego with those options.

Donā€™t forget the $1500 off and MF reduction for AARP (that anyone qualifies for) and the non-low income $2500 CVRP rebate.

Yes -$1500 is already included the sales price. The CVRP is a post sale rebate that depends on your income so most people donā€™t include it in comparisons.

Can someone do me a favor and hit up some LA COUNTY dealerships? I have projects running this month again and would like to help and take part in this deal since MSDs are going away soon.
My tactic/advice as an LH team member:
Hit up LA COUNTY dealerships first because they are the most competitive on selling prices in my opinion. Once you get those numbers- Do me a huge favor and post them here. Shoot for 12% off msrp. Doesnā€™t matter what style body trim- keep it simple first. If someone can get 12% and report back LH --team members please continue to dial and now shoot for 13% and so forth. Try to grab name, dealership, msrp , selling price. How does this sound?

1 Like

What do u mean by 1/2 of registration wasted?

Here in CA, you pay a whole year of registration in advance, so 30 mos = 2.5 years, but you would need to pay 3 years of registration.

1 Like

Iā€™ve received 12% off msrp from two different dealers, the only two Iā€™ve approached actually. Iā€™m sure someone can squeeze a bit more.

2 Likes

how sway ? iā€™ve been calling 5-6 dealers they all told me to shove it

What has your approach been? ā€œGive me an i3 for $100/month now!?!?ā€

i literally sat there and explained to them how this can get to 100 +/-

still nothing

You can claw back on state tax filing.

@willwar14, @K04 willwar14 & K04 can you PM me your dealers, thanks.

hi fellow leasehackrs, iā€™m in the market for an i3 and have a ā€˜car guyā€™ who usually gets cars for me - he charges a fee ($200-300 depending on car cost) but in the past has gotten a much better deal than i think i could get (before discovering this site that is!) that pays for his fee and then some. the car also just shows up in my driveway and i never set foot in a dealership except to test drive in the beginning, which is nice. (to be cool i usually give the sales guy/gal who does the test drive a crack at matching or beating the deal iā€™m getting but sadly they never can.)

any thoughts from those wiser than me on a couple things heā€™s said: a) if you have time, always better to order your car from bmw rather than deal with dealership, allows a deal because is doesnā€™t include costs dealers have on marketing etc OR acquisition cost. costs $1000 deposit, and you can cancel and get it back anytime if you decide you donā€™t want it - dealers prefer the car come to them so nobody cares if you cancel; and b) MSDā€™s seem like a good thing for mf reduction but bmw in particular is super hard-assed at the end of the lease on little dings etc and so you almost always lose a chunk of that, so counting on getting it all back is iffy financiallyā€¦

thoughts?

p.s. fwiw he also says bmw for the last couple decades has put out big manufacturer discounts in april so that is usually a great month to try to get a dealā€¦ donā€™t know if thatā€™s true this april, maybe someone has info/confirm?

1 Like

p.s. love all the info on this thread, iā€™m throwing it all in the mix on this - doubt i can match the deal above b/c i need the rex, but the aarp is a nice extra touchā€¦ thx much to @willwar14 and everyone else for great data.

One dealer just called back and said the formula from OPs deal is wrong bc the 7500 is taxable plus corporate fleet was double dipped?

Pretty much. Just walk in and tell the dealer today is his lucky day because you are ready to buy an i3

Hi Alex, I will get you an i3 if you transfer the jag to me. Deal?

Maybe- Iā€™m entertaining the thought. :slight_smile: