Lease 2022 Escalade, Tahoe, Durango, etc

B- fair to say that also assumes buy rate?

2 Likes

Yes - cula is a bit cheaper IIRC

1 Like

@Shuki12 One thing you might try to save yourself some time and build confidence in where the numbers come from is mastering the LH calculator to model what an MSRP deal looks like.

There is a modest learning curve, but on my first lease it was invaluable to be able to model various scenarios without having to contact several dealers and then still potentially end up with a surprise (like you might here from the way it sounds).

I don’t know if it’s reasonable or not to pick up an Escalade at MSRP, but if you construct an MSRP deal at buy rate in the LH calculator it could be a good litmus test as to whether it makes sense to continue in that direction or change course.

And you can also play with various scenarios (like paying fees upfront or not, or making a down payment) to see what that does to your total lease cost (most important) and monthly payments (which is just an output of the rest).

4 Likes

It’s reasonable @ MSRP -

4 Likes

7 Likes

CTS is a fantastic car. Loved my V-sport.

1 Like

Even before covid, the giant SUV’s didn’t lease well, no way there will be a deal this summer

3 Likes

Stopped reading and started smiling after this.

It shows how entitled we - the customers - have become in the last 20+ years. Roles have changed my friend.

4 Likes

As others have said…no…not getting any rebates on an Escalade anytime soon.

The car is selling for $10-20,000 over sticker so why would they add any rebates on it?

You’re not getting an Escalade for under $900/mo with $0 DAS.

You’re not getting a Tahoe for under $900/mo with $0 DAS.

Those who know - know. Those who dont - dont

1 Like

@Bostoncarconcierge loves the Escalade at msrp :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I have a question: are there marketing zones - means, states, towns that I can get different incentives / rebates on the same car? For example, if in one state the car is not selling well?

For example, in the NY / NJ no dealership is giving now any rebates on the Escalade - now, I have two rebates, the loyalty, as I now drive CTS 2019, and from my job.
If for example I’ll look in different states (I don’t care to take even one/two days off from work and drive good few hours to get Escalade at a good price), is it possible even to find a dealership that will give this two rebates?

GM programs are based on where the vehicle is registered, not the location of the dealership.

In the past, there have occasionally been local auto show bonuses and regional incentives – for example, the extra $750 Incremental Capitalized Cost Reduction for Chevy Bolts only available in the Bay Area. That being said, demand is strong for Escalade in every market, and vehicle allocations are generally proportionate to past sales results, meaning it’s unlikely you’ll stumble across a dealership in the middle of nowhere with a lot full of Escalades to sell.

2 Likes

You can check Autobytel for the current incentives. Feel free to plug-in all the zip codes you want.

2 Likes

Who’s better, more fun to drive, etc. etc. etc.
I’m looking now for my next lease.

If I get any of them it will probably be the 5.3 for the Tahoe - LT or the Premier, or the Durango SXT/GT

I’ve read many reviews and watched reviews on youtube.

On youtubes / reviews the Tahoe gets good reviews but in Edmund they say the seats are uncomfortable. Especially for a long rides. And we like sometimes to have a family trips that take few hours each direction.

The Durango gets good reviews, but some reviews say it’s really old car, on old platform. Also, not that fancy from the inside.

I also thinking of the Yukon Denali, but seems it’s really like the Tahoe.

So comfort of ride, fun, safety of course.

I’d like to hear from people who drove these cars

Thanks

Durango is an 11 year old design, whereas Tahoe was redesigned just last year and will cost nearly double to lease. While a class smaller, a Jeep Grand Cherokee L will likely be more comparable to a Tahoe in terms of engineering and technology than its Dodge cousin.

As for safety, Durango’s age really shows in crash test results. It got a marginal rating in the IIHS small overlap crash test: 2022 Dodge Durango

4 Likes

Gave up on the Escalade huh, anyways I have driven the old body style Tahoe and it’s very truck like, big, bulky and handling is not it’s selling point, the Durango on the other hand is a smaller car both inside and out, noticeably better handling, better mpg and half the price to lease. Tbh these 2 have no business being cross shopped.

The 2021 Tahoe also changed to rear coil suspension which improved ride and interior space.

And… has a diesel engine which is better MPG.

Durango leases much better. I think that’s the information you are looking for.

2 Likes

The Durango has a useless third row so it shouldn’t even be consideration against Tahoes, Yukons, etc. Actually it’s such a dinosaur that it shouldn’t be in consideration, period.

The Tahoe is overpriced and leases terribly.

You’re probably better off financing an Expedition or Enclave, Telluride or Atlas.

2 Likes