Leaf vs Deer - 1:1. venting

This is the excuse Iā€™ll use with the ole lady.

3 Likes

Are they $100pm lease? :rofl:

1 Like

The diesel alone will run you that weekly.

2 Likes

Another update:
Total loss department mentioned they valued the car at $40k while my payoff on NMAC Financial shows $34kā€¦
Now if only Iā€™d be able to interject and have insurance split the checks in two - one for me and one for them since if Nissan Finance will get a hold of the whole amount I wonā€™t ever see the diffā€¦

1 Like

Why donā€™t you send a check to Nissan financial and buy it like @amazonman and make $6k equity :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

ā€œInsurance companies hate this one trick!ā€

8 Likes

Yeah, I think the windows for that has closed as the car has been inspected and declared total loss. He did it right after BEFORE inspection plus I needed somewhere $ to float that checkšŸ˜‚

Iā€™ll try to persuade my insurance co to split checks.

1 Like

I donā€™t think you would of got away with it if you did that, that guy never reported back

What did they say

For now, I was able via a few emails back and forth get a promise to send me the difference.

It went like this - adjuster said they have to ā€œpresent their valuation to the ownerā€ and ā€œget a payoff from Nissanā€. So my understanding my insurance co will show to Nissan financial they valued my Leaf at $40k. and then it all hangs on Nissanā€™s reply as to what they are owed. Iā€™ve also sent my insurance co payoff letter from Nissan financial which the adjuster will be forwarding to Nissan along with the insurance valuation.

Now its up to Nissan to say what they are owed and based on that I have a chance to get anything directly from my insurance company.

Soā€¦ there is a chance.

1 Like

Dear - 0
Lvs23 - 1 (pending)

1 Like

Nissan - 6000 (pending)

5 Likes

Insurer -$40,000 (for sure)

2 Likes

My premium - still pending (due to renew next Sept)

1 Like

Im glad you guys are ok. I also had my first ever encounter with a kamikaze deer a week or 2 ago. I was only doing 25 at dusk and was able to hit the breaks right before so probably hit the deer around 15-20. Also 2022 Leaf. No damage to the leaf. I was shocked.

1 Like

Figuring in the new lower price on the Bolt, Costco $500, wait until January 1st for $7500 fed tax credit, Uber $2000 credit, a loaded 2023 2LT MSRP $30,765 will be around $20k. Find a supplier code and maybe less.

2 Likes

For now I have rentals covered till Nov 23rd. So donā€™t really have lots of time to figure out replacement:(

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly what happened in my case but I guess slightly higher speed caused entirely different outcome.

This is interesting.

**Eligible participants of the GM Supplier Discount Program qualify for a $625 offer with lease, or a $1,250 offer with purchase, of a 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV/EV. Not compatible with some other offers. Take new retail delivery by 1/3/23.

But I believe tax credit would be less than $7500?

You can stack that with all that other stuff too Iā€™m pretty sure

1 Like

Youā€™d have to take delivery on or after 1/1/23 for any tax credits for GM vehicles AFAIK. That leaves you with 2 business days excluding Sunday 1/1