Leaf vs Deer - 1:1. venting

On a LEAF!!! :grin:

The hamsters on their wheels powering the plant have unionized.

3 Likes

Since you all are doing well,what happen to the deer…?

In unrelated news, the @Lvs23 household has been eating a lot of venison lately.

8 Likes

The deer was KIA.

The weirds thing was I was taking my other son to a practice tonight on my OTHER Leaf and Another deer jumped in front of us. Luckly this time it was in the turn where always slowdown so had time to stop. And that MF also stopped in the middle of the road.
I’m like dude - this is a green car! Why don’t yall like it that much!

3 Likes

These deer work for Big Oil.

11 Likes

Which means it makes less ruckus as it goes. Consider adding deer whistles

https://a.co/d/7PFCc9v

The body shop industrial complex, and the insurance adjusters union all buy them salt licks.

5 Likes

Question for all these car dudes…do the deer scare accessories work?

This one does.

4 Likes

The deer are crazy here lately. One ran into my mom’s car a few days ago. Be safe out there!

That might be the most accurate statement on this site.

I know people who have claimed to had them on their car and still hit a deer. Who knows if they actually had them installed.

2 Likes

As soon as I saw that the airbags deployed I knew it was totaled. Glad that you and your son are ok though!

4 Likes

WHOA… I didn’t know these things existed… That’s the difference between living in the downtown vs wooded area of the same city…

1 Like

Thanks! My logical part of the brain thought so too, but my emotional hoped that since its EV and 6 months old it MIGHT be cheaper to fix than to total it.

I wonder what effect, if any, the “white noise” EVs generate for pedestrian purposes has on animals? I wonder if it has ever been studied?

2 Likes

Your typical deer based Big Oil exec.

1 Like

The amazon product linked above has really good average rating. But, if you click on the reviews, there seem to be a few buyers who had the product installed and have hit deer anyway

1 Like

looking good GIF

It’s Rutting season, they’re driven by hormones right now. Had someone in town post, a deer ran into her car in the driveway. Came outside after hearing a thud, rain gutter pulled off house and fender dented in.

1 Like

Look it’s kill or be killed in the animal kingdom and this deer wasn’t very Forte. Unfortunately his Soul took that great Telluride to the heavens. But some may mourn the deer others consider game hunting a Sportage of sorts.

Back to your LEAF, while it’s a sub-Optima outcome if it’s totaled, hopefully you have Sorento car reimbursement so you can get around.

6 Likes

Looking forward to see you in a ram 3500 dually diesel