Land Rover dealer recommendations

Started looking for a Land Rover Defender lease . Yes , I know , looking for a car that leases terribly in a normal market + a model that’s in high demand + a brand that’s not known for reliable cars. But the heart wants what the hearts wants . Been in contact with a couple of dealers , and it’s seems like they’re asking 3-5k over sticker as a start . It’s a weird market when you have to negotiate your way down to sticker . I have some flexibility on timing and location , so can anyone recommend a dealership in the tri state area that will play ball ? (As in at least not charge over sticker?)

Most of these are pre sold and those that aren’t, are well over sticker.

Also, LR dealers need to sell 80% of their cars in region over the course of a quarter. In this market, they don’t need to sell Defenders far away, unless it’s allll the money.

A good bit of your luck here will depend on trim and 90 v 110 as well.

The really high MSRP ones are easier to get at sticker.

What are you shopping for?

7 Likes

Yeah , that’s what I discovered . Looking for a 110 X-DYNAMIC SE msrp . +/- 80k, ,want the Matt paint and ideally 3rd row . Found a couple of avalible cars, but they’re all asking 5k over sticker, which of course makes a lease not attractive to say the least , even with a high residual.

what kind of deal are they offering?

Your build is like 1-2% of total production. You’re not getting a deal on that. Matte paint commands a curious but real premium.

4 Likes

I can only speak for New England and can confirm the only cars on the ground and unsold are 5-15K over

Probably cheaper to get a non-matte one and have it wrapped in xpel stealth after delivery.

Probably a lot easier to maintain too

1 Like

And some of the stores are wrapping it anyways to command addtl markup

1 Like

Yeah , definitely not getting a deal . I would be willing to wait for a custom order , but want to see if I could avoid paying over sticker at least .

I placed an order mid June and it may arrive in October.

Risk is RV tanking since nothing locks

3 Likes

Not a bad idea . Any idea what it costs?

Yeah , I was offered a build slot with delivery in November . 3k over sticker . And yeah , both RV and MF is up on the air .

You should be able to get sticker on an order, but you may need to grind a bit. Paul Miller and the stores on Long Island won’t do it. Try Philly area, South/Central Jersey etc.

Where are you registering the truck?

What kind of pricing were you able to get on an order ?

You should plan for MSRP or maybe $1000 off at best

1 Like

Try Land Rover Manhattan . It seems they know how to price but you gotta do a bit of back and forth and make sure to know the basic numbers. They offered me about 737 on a $73,000 velar with 4200 roughly due at signing . So you should be able to get a good deal. They were selling at sticker ( July 2021)

1 Like

New York. Last lease I got was from south jersey, they delivered the car on a flatbed for free , so got a little spoiled . But will try NJ again :slight_smile:

Just picked up a defender @ msrp (financed) for the lady. Went to Paramus LR. I can give you the name of my rep. Your build is definitely not available and an order would take at least 6 months dependent on allocation.

I haven’t sat inside one yet but based on the dimensions the third row must be pretty useless right?

Oh, the irony

3 Likes

Pretty useless, but works for “every now and then” use for kids that are not in car seats , which is what I need if for .