Trade Difference: 38,403.00
Doc Fee: 150
Tax: 2,282.75
Non Tax Fees: 724.65
Net Price: 43,055
Trade Payoff: 187,992.00
Balance: 231,047.40

.00250 MF and residual is 62%

They said they added tax credits to the deal. I DO NOT have a trade? Not sure why they put a trade in, and I said I will be putting 15K DOWN as well, which I do not see there?

2908/month

What is that 38k in trade difference? Is that negative equity?

I know you have texas taxes and all but $2900 is overkill on a base huracan assuming there’s no negative equity in there.

LM Tax Credit is tax credit, brother

No no, that LM TAX CREDIT, is a fee we pay to get tax credits.

I do NOT have a trade in!! This is clean deal.

It’s not bad, considering it’s 1%, not 6.25%

My issue isn’t the taxes. Something doesn’t seem right as I do not have a trade in.

So no trade in, but 15k down is all you’re paying?

Cot damn OP sick ride, what do you do for a living.

Maybe @IAC or @Electric can provide more insight, but it seems like they are doing you a favor. They are adding in a “fake” trade to save you on taxes since Texas taxes you on the entire price. So instead of paying taxes on $200k+, you are paying taxes on $38k.

Is that legal?

Correct, 15K downpayment, they discounted car by 13K, and they said they gave tax credits of $10,812

But you don’t need to do that when you have tax credits is what I am getting at.

Are they charging you a $1800+ fee to give you tax credits ? and I agree with @Lazarus, if you don’t have a trade in, isnt that Illegal lol ?

I have NO idea what they are doing it as. That’s why I wanted to see your guys thoughts. LOL

Maybe their system is dumb and can’t do tax credits, so they are inputing a trade-in as a workaround, which makes the tax amount the same amount as after the tax credits.

6 Likes

Ask them then straight up, no need to fall for some one else’s is possible scam.

If OP wants to share that, OP already would have. It’s none of our business and adds nothing to the car leasing discussion.

This always leads to drama.

:bat:

9 Likes

I am guessing the way you get tax credits is by having a car that they need to be applied to. In this case it is the trade in. I will wait for someone with more knowledge on Taxes taxes to chime in, but that is similar to how it worked in Chicago for me.

Hmm. They’re being a little cheaty on the tax credit by charging a separate LM fee… Likely only covers to a certain point…