Kia Telluride lease

I went to a dealership in MA yesterday.

Drove an EX & SX. Drove real nice, look great.

Here are the numbers i was given that I thought were really high and going to shop around some more. I would love to hear what everyone else finds.

SX AWD Stock# K1028
MSRP $46,860
Balance $45,277.33
36mo / 12k
$1000 Down ($631)
$2000 Down ($600)
$3000 Down ($570)

EX AWD Stock# K1024
MSRP $40,455
Balance $39,828.05
36mo / 12k
$1000 Down ($534)
$2000 Down ($503)
$3000 Down ($472)

1 Like

The local dealer told me we would have to order any AWD models and the EX was just over 40k, minus the 1500.00 incentive, so I am guessing around the 38 to 39 rangeā€¦ Since they donā€™t have many of them over here guess we just have to wait till more get shipped out to dealers or competing cars are out forcing them to rethink the full MSRP and mark upsā€¦

Ordered an S-AWD, MSRP $38,030. Was able to get it for invoice ($36,536) plus the additional $1200 lease cash. 0.00196 MF, 67% residual for 36/12. Final payment will be $444 with only first month DAS (TTL rolled into payment, $0 down, no MSD).

1 Like

Where did you get this deal? Would you mind sharing?

67% RV on a brand new Kia large crossover at 12k miles? Thatā€™s bold, even for Kia.

2 Likes

I canā€™t even pronounce its name.

I think itā€™s ā€œtell-you-ride.ā€

Isnā€™t it a Mountain pass or something or a national park in Northern California?

1 Like

No idea, sounds like something from the ā€œStar Warsā€ to me lol

1 Like

Mountain/ski resort in Colorado!

Goes to show how much I know!

Its, Tell ya ride to be ready in 5 mins or Im cancelling on your A** :smile:

1 Like

OEMs often go for these evocative names.

1 Like

Finnin Kia in Dubuque, Iowa. Second time leasing from them, Alex is great to work with and always 100% transparent with the numbers. Got it all done over email, just need to drive to sign and pick it up once it comes in.

So far the lowest offer and I would have to order is just over 37k for the AWD EX modelā€¦ I really like to check out the hyundai palisade also, it will have a digital display and I saw on TV last night VW will be showing off the new VOLKSWAGEN TAROK and the VOLKSWAGEN Cross Sportā€¦ The Cross sport is looking really goodā€¦

I have 3 days left on my current lease with Kia and I am 10K over mileage (@ .20/mile)
Went to check out the Telluride, They donā€™t have the SX and apparently it is scarce in my area [central FL]
And they are jacking up prices everywhere

Quoted me the below on an EX in black [no memory seats, no panoramic/dual moonroof, no tow hitch]

Their price 45988 [sticker was 38955]
Fees 2057.51
Negotiated price after their ā€œdiscountsā€ 42455.51
578/mo for 48/12K with 2595 down with a .00206 MF [MF should be lower at .00199 so idk]
I pushed back and they said they could lower it to 520 w/tax on a 48/mo only

Residual on 36/12 is 63%. They said itā€™s about 59-61 on a 48/12ā€¦using those numbers, I donā€™t know how they arrive at their mo pmt. If I play around on the LeaseHackr calculator, Iā€™m getting a mo pmt of around $485.

My current lease is a 2016 sorento. Payoff is 23k and total buyout with all fees/taxes is about 27K. I donā€™t know if to take their stupid deal, buy out my current lease and wait, or just try to get into a 2019 Sorento for around the same mo pmt with little to 0 down.

So they marked up the Telluride 7k from MSRP and then were gracious enough to reduce the sales price by only 3.5k?

Do you really need a mass-market cross-over THAT badly?

2 Likes

They are selling quick. I was just at my local Kia dealership for an oil change Monday and a guy was asking for one they were actively loading off the delivery truck while I was there. I just checked and it never made it to their website listing, so I guess it was bought.

Still doesnā€™t justify marked up MSRP for mass market vehicles. Maybe specialty cars like special edition Civic Type Rā€™s. Not a mid-trim mass market crossover, though. People are silly.

7 Likes

This craziness will die down. If you want it now you are going to pay the early adopter tax.

1 Like

I give these 9 months before they are selling at invoice

3 Likes