Kia Telluride & Hyundai Palisade - Are Dealers Insane?

If you go to Kia’s website and build a top trim Telluride they payment comes out to like $630 with $0 down. Are the dealers you are looking at charging over sticker?

There is a supply problem, and being the hottest 3-row “luxury” SUV right now, demand is HIGH.

You/your wife will have to pay to play. Simple as that, unless she wants to wait a year for pricing to be more LH worthy.

@Gr8bamtino - Here is a link to Kia’s website showing all the awards the Telluride has won: https://www.kiamedia.com/us/en/media/sitesection/3461/awards.

I am not an SUV kind of guy (I like sedans), but the Kia is a sharp looking SUV.

Don’t you just love people that joined this site a couple of weeks ago talking down to us?

1 Like

Yes, most dealers are, at least on initial offers

Don’t you love people who think they are better than others because they are on a website longer lol

Good try. Have a great night :slight_smile:

Do you want to learn how leases work or are you a monthly payment shopper?

I agree. I just returned my 2017 RX 350 and the 2020 Model is just the same car. I looked into the Palisade and Teluride, but almost the same payment I settled for a BMW X3 M Competition. 0-60 in 3.4 seconds is pretty sick for an SUV.

1 Like

Not even close to the same class of vehicle. Even an X5 is small by comparison.

1 Like

except the plant is shut down.

Sure, if you pay what the dealers are asking on the palisade/telluride

And pay the same or more being a good possibility.

Supply and demand people. Short supply + popular, new model does not equal fire sale. You might even see leases get worse during a recession as manufacturers push finance offers and not risk holding the bag. Recession does not automatically equate to phenomenal lease deals.

3 Likes

what model is your palisade?

SEL with premium/convenience/sunroof/drive guidance.

I was quoted nearly 4k over stick here in great Boston. They are out of their F’ing minds. (this is yesterday).

There seems to be a few dealers everywhere that are doing that. Just gotta find the ones that are actually trying to make a sale.

1 Like

lol. It’s a Kia. No offense, great SUV. But they’ll run out of buyers soon as credit is shored up. The buyers who can easily afford the payment? We’ll just continue to run with of the 3 German heavy hitters. (with huge discounts).

1 Like

I can’t even get a dealer to let me drive one w/o forcing me to sit and look at their ridiculous lease quote. By the time they pull their 3rd rate heads out of their arses, I’ll have already signed with another brand.

1 Like

I ended up doing just that. I still have dealers calling me to see if I want to pay $4-6k over sticker for a Telluride SX. When I tell them I leased a Volvo that was $16k more for $471/mo they tell me well of course you did, its a Volvo… :rofl:

Big Balls on these Kia Dealerships…

2 Likes

The best part about the Palisade over the Telluride is it’s not a Kia, so no need to go to a Kia dealership.

3 Likes