Kia Telluride & Hyundai Palisade - Are Dealers Insane?

I have been shopping these for my wife this weekend. Are dealers insane or are people paying these prices? I am being repeatedly quoted prices in the $750-$825 range for a $45k vehicle.

They do it without blinking and quote me on how they are the hottest SUVs in America.

I am just at a loss for words.

Take a look at other Telluride/Palisade deals on the forum. They are a really great car for the money.

If you want a SUV with a greater discount and higher MSRP, maybe take a look at an XC90. With some negotiation, you will likely be less than $700.

I’m paying $475 before tax with $0 das after post sale rebates on my $42k palisade on a 36/12.

Deals can be had, it just takes a lot more shopping than other vehicles. They’re going to be a bit funky for a bit because Corona has the Hyundai palisade plant shut down temporarily.

3 Likes

People are paying those prices, or they wouldn’t waste their time offering it

4 Likes

I think the word is out on these SUVs and I would look elsewhere for lease value.

Lol hottest SUV? Because they created one car for every 4 people?
Get a Lexus or Highlander instead!

If it was an equitable product, I would have considered it

1 Like

Oh come on really? Your comparing a brand new model car hot off the press than a car that has know realiability? Lol especially one car made in Korea the other in Atlanta?

Tell that to the owners of the one million Toyota and lexuses just recalled for failing fuel pumps causing them to randomly stall in traffic.

2 Likes

Is that really your argument?

No, the real argument is that if I wanted a vehicle that was 10 years out of date, I would have bought it a decade ago. Until Toyota and Lexus can get with the times and update their products to be competitive, they won’t be on my radar. Hell, lexus’s competition for the palisade has only gotten a mild refresh since 2008.

Or we could look at JD Power reliability rankings and wonder why Toyota and Lexus are ranked worse than Hyundai/Genesis again.

13 Likes

Not ideal, but reasonable. The best price I have received so far has been $585 with $2000 DAS. I get they stopped production for Coronavirus and they are in demand as a model but I have to imagine demand is going to wane with these travel restrictions etc going into effect.

Maybe I am just a bit ahead of the curve there. The two Kia dealerships were giving a market value adjustment and dealer installed options that totaled over $5k above MSRP. I haven’t seen dealers putting on $2000 pinstripes and automatic headlight fluid changes for life in a minute…

Why does that matter on a lease, which is covered 100% over warranty, and will in all likelihood give as good of service during the lease as the “reliable” long in the tooth Lexus?

1 Like

I know I can get a solid XC90 in the $525-$550 range but that isn’t at the top of my wife’s list at the moment. It is getting closer however with these insane quotes.

We spent the day and sat in every 3 row SUV there is. For our family of 5, unfortunately the Telluride & Palisade were the clear head and shoulders favorite for form and function. The Explorer would have been right there with them if it weren’t for the stupid cup holders between the captains chairs. Whoever decided to put that in at Ford should promptly be fired. They will sell tens of thousands of less vehicles due to that design flaw.

In all likelihood, demand will wane, but so will supply, leaving you at parity, meaning don’t expect fire sale deals any time soon.

Tens of thousands? Doubtful.

1 Like

Current events just confirm what I was thinking all along, people are morons. Consider Telluride and Palisade the toilet paper of the automotive world.

2 Likes

Take a look how bad they are hurting. They yielded the most market share. Their update was modest at best. Telluride & Palisade, along with Atlas & Ascent, an adult male can easily make your way to the 3rd row and sit comfortably.

I suspect this will only get worse for Explorer/Highlander. Even at the stupid prices.

XC90 is definitely not as large or versatile as Palisade or Telluride.

I don’t think Explorer buyers are going to completely rule out Explorer over some cup holders. Maybe a few, but certainly not thousands.

2 Likes

Dealers are not insane, OP is insane for shopping this SUV that doesn’t lease well. Look for something else.

3 Likes

It is and people are paying it. There is no reason for them to discount right now.

1 Like