Kia Telluride & Hyundai Palisade - Are Dealers Insane?

OP isn’t insane for shopping Palisades, but he is insane for doing so blindly. He should have been targeting @mllcb42’s deal instead of just walking in there without a real target.

2 Likes

What is your statement based on? Your post is ill informed, adds absolutely no value nor is it remotely factual. His deal is also from about 6 months ago which doesn’t make it particularly relevant in today’s market.

Incentives and such are different, however, I have seen my pre-incentive discount matched several times recently, including on here. As I said earlier, it’s still doable to get a good deal, but it requires shopping more dealers than usual.

1 Like

Yah, we are going to see both supply and demand falling here. The big question is going to be which one falls more and will the dealers get the message.

Kia dealers, however, still seem absolutely insane with their expectations. I haven’t seen any good telluride deals.

Discount percentages (pre rebates) are always relevant.

I see absolutely no mention of SP, RV, MF or rebates in your posts. The conclusion is obvious.

1 Like

And you’re blaming the fall on cupholders? I guarantee there is more to it than that.

I will add that no dealer quoted me decent numbers either. The final deal I made was double the discount of the best offer I was given. You’re going to be waiting a very long time if you’re looking for a dealer to make you a good offer on one of these.

1 Like

The issue with the new explorer is that it’s a pile of crap. Ford did the most half assed effort on it.

Granted, the couple holders are an example of them phoning it in.

You can tell that Hertz Rent-A-Car was their primary target market when they designed it.

2 Likes

Maybe you would benefit from a Coronavirus quarantine and you can do some light reading on correlation vs causation.

Just because I don’t add the relevant data to a post doesn’t mean I am ignorant to the facts.

Ford has always been the worst at packaging. The interior space in the Taurus was barely larger than a Honda Fit’s.

I’ve seen a comparison test where the reviewers said they’d rather sit in the third row of the Palluride than the second row of the 2020 Explorer.

These people who are bashing hyundai/kia people most likely they will judge people by the races( cover)
I have driven telluride i cant think of anything that is lack and worse than any Toyota SUV line up

buddy of mine tried to get a Telluride EX twice via Rodo and both times the dealer backed out. He wound up just emailing around and finally hit on one in NY for $515/mo with $2k at signing for 36/15k. Terrible lease, IMHO, but I could not talk him out of it. For THAT vehicle this month, I guess it’s good.

just got a price for a palisade limited. 36/15k for $695. and thats with $1300 off to end my lease early.

For $50 more i can get an X5…

You can get an X5 for less.

You can get a palisade for less too

2 Likes

i can also get a civic for less. you are missing the point

What is the point? The dealer isn’t giving you the car? Shop around.

that they are leasing terribly. almost as much as an x5. guess it went over your head.

I know they lease terribly. Everything leases terribly if you take the first offer you get. It’s been shown time and time again if you get a decent discount, it can be had for far less. The trick is finding the dealer willing to do it. That said, in today’s market, good luck.

Idk why everyone is so surprised by this. It’s a new car in a popular segment. They aren’t going to go for 300/mo.

3 Likes

Wait a few weeks for the recession to really kick in, then revisit those same dealers.