Kia Sorento Xline $267.78, $11.2k DAS - 36/10k

, ,

Funny thing no, that’s was not my first mistake but one of my many, I made them trade this vehicle with another, and I actually never saw the sticker bc it was already off when they pulled it around. But I will say, the msrp math @mllcb42 showed me doesn’t lie… also this vehicle I received does have some likely dealer add-ons from the other deal. I.E. weather tech Mats.

Regardless, thank you everyone I can rest easier. Like I said, there are better deals out there, I would say, u should be able to easily get this same deal plus about a $1500 to $2000 dealer incentive

Dealer discount is not an incentive

Good job on taking the advice of the helpful people here. I’m glad you were able to make it a bit better than it was.
Looking forward to seeing your progress in three years when it’s time to lease another one, you got this!.

Enjoy in good health.

Symantics!

9 Likes

yup you’re right

https://www.kia.com/us/services/en/windowsticker/load/5XYRKDLF7MG043162

enjoy the car OP, im shocked the dealer redid the deal.

1 Like

This worked out better than expected. Good job on getting it done. Enjoy the car!

4 Likes

Honestly I am not! I knew I would get something.

1 Like

Hey man congrats on getting the VIP crap removed and selling price to MSRP so that they weren’t completely taking advantage of you :slight_smile: Obviously it’s not a great deal, but at least they owned up to screwing you initially. I’m trying to fix your calculator…what’s your tax rate? And what is total rent charge on the contract?
Here is what I have so far…

1 Like

Congrats OP! Just curious, since you had the opportunity to restructure the deal, did you attempt to separate the trade from the lease? basically pocketing the $9500 from the trade…

Not really. It’s important to separate out incentives from discounts to properly evaluate deals.

1 Like

Taxes are 6.6 and is Ga so click the middle tax rate.

$2013.64

No, I never did, I did that on purpose to make my payment lower, I have a lot of money tied up in real estate and my side buisness that by the time 3 years passes I will have the money to by the remainder out right. Right now I’m okay with the lower monthly.

If your car gets totalled you lose the entirety of that $9500 whereas you lose $0 if you total a car with $0 down.

1 Like

I could get the tax rate to be exact, but if u click one of the buttons to pay fees up front, either the dealer or the aq, it’s pretty close to my deal

OK thanks, ties out to 0.0009 MF. Next time you have equity, just have the dealer cut you a check.

I’m off by $4 somewhere. Oh well. Can you update your original post with this corrected calculator?

Your contract shows what you paid up front.

You actually put $533.22 as a “down payment” or CCR, in addition to the $9500 trade-in. That was used to pay the first monthly payment, acq fee, and doc fee. Everything else was rolled in (capitalized).

You see that in the cap cost section:

1 Like

That’s a big generalization. Insurance companies usuaypay out ACV which is going to be well above the OP’s payoff number; it then becomes a question of how much

Many don’t pay any excess to the lessee though. Hyundai Finance being one of them.

2 Likes

Yeah I would be driving this Sorento very carefully for the next 36 months.

7 Likes