Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD... looks like a good deal. Opinions?

Sorry it was the SX that is 42k, EX is 37k

I was going to say that the numbers in the images are not good at all. Based on a $37k MSRP. I was at $389 inc 9.25% tax on a $46,500 SXL. There is a Huge difference between an EX and an SX/SXL. At $347 they are only $42 a month difference which equates to about $1500 in price difference. You could probably get an SX for the same money.

On an SX I was at about $370, so I ignored it because the SXL has better options.

Yes that’s correct

20 chars

MSRP was 42k. Sales price was 37.5k plus acquisition.

Ahh, ok, so this is a $42k SX we are talking about and not an EX. Apologies. In that case it seems like a sound deal.

So, I have another quote @440/month for SX AWD with Advance Tech…

MSRP - 43950
Dealer price - 35,637 (includes Incentives etc)
MF - 0.00081
Residual - 53% (23,393)
Drive-off - $1500
NJ Tax - 7%

Not sure how you came to ~$389 including tax? Any insight will be appreciated. Btw, LH Calculator shows pretty much $440 as well.

Haha yeah. I had originally wanted the EX until you guys turned me on to the SX incentives.

1 Like

Remember that Kia have regional numbers, I am in CA so was getting $6000 rebate and then 10% off the car. $2k drive off which was loads of tax from the rebate. These numbers came in at $389 after tax. Mine was also FWD which would change the MF and residual.

Yeah that sounds about right with 0 otd

I really like the X3, but I needed 7 seats.

Yeah you got a great deal, too.

I live in Portland and like to drive up the mountain so mine is AWD

Finally I brought it down to $400 even and everything below remain same. I have 3 colors of choice.
He
is not giving me the complete breakdown until I see him tonight, but I
think I am closing it tonight! Anything to keep in mind before I close
this out?

MSRP - $43950
Dealer price - $35,637 (includes Incentives etc)
MF - 0.00081
Residual - 53% (23,393)
Drive-off - $1500
NJ Tax - 7%

Thank you for all the guidance/inputs.

How much rebate is there on this car?

The price he offered me is $35,637 (18%off MSRP) which includes $5500. Based on my research in NJ either its hard to find 2017 anymore and $400 is the lowest I could get.

Hope that helps.

OK, so that is a $2,813 discount they are giving you which comes to 6.4% discount which is not that good. Every dealer will offer you that. 10% should be doable. It was for me.

Here is what I reverse calculated based on my monthly payment…its 8% discount before incentive.

Your numbers keep changing, I can’t keep up. What you have in the calculator does not match what you wrote above.

40550 - 5500 = $35,050
but you said they were offering it to you for $35,637.

I must be missing something…

I myself am confused and will probably have a clear picture when I meet the dealer. But the bottom line is $400 monthly with $1500 drive-off on SX V6 AWD with Tech package.

This is the lowest I could get in NJ/PA area in 3 weeks I am researching.

Acquisition fee?..

I would call them and just tell them if they do 10% then you will sign the deal tonight and see what they say. You always get a better discount when you ask rather than letting them tell you.

I’m willing to bet they’re adding the Acquisition Fee in after the discounts. That’s pretty normal.

I would take the best offer you’ve received and email the other dealers around to see if they’ll beat it. I bet you can get some more off the sales price. Or, maybe it’s just a NE thing?