Kia Sorento $314 a month $11K DAS

, ,

Georgia is the state.

Typically I pride myself on being an expert leaser… but I think today I was bamboozled.

I went in the dealer wanting to buy a new kia Sorento for around 39500 and the original MSRP was around 44k

I got to the 39k figure due to an online add I was requesting them to match or beat.

The dealer countered at around 41 but of course they had their “vip” package for like 2,900.

Originally I said I wanted the deal for 37,500 I wasn’t paying their cup package… and somewhere I got lost along the way…

They told me MF was .00114
And the RV was 48%

I had a trade in of $9500 which I wanted 12000 for

And I also was willing to put down $1700

I predicted woth the use of my calc I would be around $230 a month.

The guy initially came out at around $380 a month

I talked them down to $314 and felt for some damn reason I got a good deal.

All in all I was putting down about $22,998 I. Total payments for a 46k car

But here is what’s weird…

They are tell the RV is 27k that is exhibit a of me being like oh shit, what the hell this is a bad deal, but I was already so far. And so invested and I made them go get me the car from another dealership…

I messed up I know it

Can someone help me understand how to fix this or what to do

2 Likes

Also, they changed my milage from 12k to 10k Annandale they charged my $475 for lease insurance which I will be going back tomorrow to fix

But how is my RV $27k that makes no sense when I am already paying over 22k for a 46k car, which to be frank is about 4k more then what I agreed on

You signed without doing your homework. Not much you can do about it now other than learn from this and not make the same mistake next time.

9 Likes

Expressed as a percent that would be like 39% or something idk help me

Contract is signed. What are you really asking for people to do?

This is why we always say do the work remotely and only go in once the numbers are agreed to.

Looks like is done. Learn for next one.

I honestly can’t even follow the post but my answer stands regardless.

14 Likes

I can take the care back, explain where I went wrong, they didn’t let me see the numbers until I went to the back… I know there is a grace period… I have no shame in going back, explain what I should’ve done, I did my best man, but they fucking got me I guess. Can u Please help me instead of rubbing it in.

Well then look at the numbers I put in the bottom, is there someone I can call I’m a better talker than typer and I’m kinda frustrated…

I don’t know of any states that have a grace period. You’ve signed and taken delivery. It is what it is. You signed the contract with the numbers spelled out in detail on it, so there’s not really anyway to argue you didn’t get to see the numbers.

If you can some how take it back and get your trade back, by all means do so.

3 Likes

Oh boy.
Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

5 Likes

Dude listen I get it, I signed it. What should I have done, why is it $27k to purchase later.

1 Like

Because the residual value isn’t 48%, more like 60%. You would need to confirm with edmunds to verify for the term you got.

6 Likes

Are they willing to fix the mileage issue?

This thread is headed straight to closetown.

But setting slow mode to allow the OP to ask a meaningful question other than “can someone from LH help me?” (Answer: no) and “why is the RV $X?” (Answer: it’s set by the bank and it is what it is. No point of analyzing the RV will change anything).

9 Likes

If mileage is changed to 12k won’t that reduce the residual?

Ok…

Do go on!

Oh no.

Enjoy your Sorento!

15 Likes

I would really appreciate if it wasn’t shut down.

Unless the dealer you purchased from offers some additional money back guarantee thing (which I suspect isn’t the case here), there isn’t much you can do. Georgia doesn’t have any cooling off periods on leases and you can’t make the claim you didn’t get a chance to see the numbers as they were spelled out in the contract you signed. If for some miraculous reason the contract bounces and they ask you to resign, drop the car off instead.

This deal was basically at msrp without any discount. The RV is much higher than you thought it was. One could back calculate the mf to see what was actually charged, but there isn’t much point.

All you can do at this point is learn from your mistakes so you don’t make them again. In the future, you shouldn’t ever talk numbers with a dealer until you know exactly what the numbers should be. Then it’s about finding someone to do your deal. When you go to sign the contract, verify those numbers to make sure they are what they should be.

3 Likes

Here is what my deal is in the calc, what mess it up is they told me at one time the RV was 48% and it looks like it’s actually 60.55… lease hacker says it’s a 6.4 should I just be happy.? Regardless I’m going in tomorrow to resend the $475 coverage, not that that will do a whole lot. I agree there isn’t much I can argue at this point. I just thought they took more off their price.

For what it’s worth the dealership across town charges a 10k addendum… so at least I got this one for sticker…

Why was the trade in option taken off the calc?

You already signed the car. Enjoy it!
Use this as a lesson for next time - you should know the numbers before you show up and then when you are at the dealer, you just confirm that everything is correct.

If you want out, sell the car to a third party and eat the loss.