Kia EV6, mustang mach e, hyundai ioniq 5 @ msrp?

No Federal rebates. CCFR thru 8/31, CVRP and CVAP (if eligible) still alive.

Does the Mach E get fed rebate if you order and take delivery before years end?

Yes, mach e is still good for the rest of the year. All bets are off for next year.

1 Like

Awesome. Thank you.

Good luck finding a Mach-E at MSRP. I just contacted several dealers and a Premium RWD ranges from $10k to $15k markup.

I was told ordering opens up next month for 2023 models but not sure if the binding contract works for the 2023 requirements like income.

Binding contract defaults to the old rules, so income doesnt matter.

But you would have to already have one on order. You cant order one when the order banks open back up and have that binding contract apply.

1 Like

Would need a $7.5k discount now , lol

JK, Thanks Jeff. I have a Mustang Mach-E for now, that I am having a bit of fun with. I’ll ping you next year when I’m swapping it out

1 Like

A dealer just offered me EV6 with 5k mark-up. This is after the fact that these don’t get credits anymore…

I guess there is still a good number of folks who don’t know about the latest changes to tax credits, including those who work at dealerships. I got a call from a Kia dealer one week after the bill is passed. He says, I can still claim it if I purchase within two weeks. I told him to cross check. never got a call back. If he had got the wrong customer, he would have made a deal with this false information. I saw similar posts in reddit too. I guess, this markup story will continue for a while until the news reach everyone.

Most kias go for over MSRP in California, even non-EV/hybrids.

it will sell pretty quick at 5k over unfortunately

I think the price is fine. Just that the sales in the short run will go down because these cars just became 15% more expensive for everyone. Overtime, prices should come down to reflect the new reality. If and when that will happen is anyone’s guess.

Can’t you claim the tax credit if you take delivery before years end?

Only if assembled in North America…

That requirement kicked in on 8/16 unlike all the other ones which are 1/1/23.

So Kia/Hyndai EVs/PHEVs are no longer eligible, reference this thread:

1 Like

Nope you had to by 8/15 otherwise nada

Out of curiosity (and actually a desire to build my EV fleet), I inquired about in-stock Mach-Es at several dealerships in SoCal… starts at $20k blessings. :frowning:

1 Like

I had one in SoCal ask for only 15k over. Makes me regret not taking the Premium I was offered for only 5k over a few months ago. I’ve actually never driven the car and don’t even know if I’d like it. I’m getting it for my wife to replace her Pallisade.

Just to update this thread… my friend was able to find a Premium AWD Extended Mach-E at $2k over MSRP (which he delayed on and was supposedly sold for $20k over) and then 2 days later I found a Cal-Route1 Extended AWD for $5k over MSRP… which I referred my same friend to and he was able to purchase it.

Haven’t check on EV6s or Ioniq 5s, but I’m really interested to see what Ioniq 5s are currently trading at.

1 Like

Ioniq 5 Limited very hard to find so I can’t even get quotes, haven’t asked about SE or SEL.

EV6s might be a little easier.

There are a few brokers here who can get SE/SEL Ioniq 5s and Wind EV6s for just $500-$1K over MRSP.

1 Like

If not charging at home, charging speed will matter more.

That’s where the koreans shine with EV6 and I5.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.