Kia EV6 Lease Early Buyout option

, ,

Has Kia corporate ever completed a REG256 form? I am close to finalizing a deal with a dealer in NorCal. $3k off MSRP + $7500 (tax credit) + $1k (Loyalty) and looking to buy it out a couple weeks after leasing.

Congrats on your lease deal. Did you by chance finalize it? As the others mentioned, to proceed to the REG256 form, it might be better to proceed via AAA (some credit unions might be also helpful). You might purchase the cheapest AAA annual membership (~$50) and do the forms via one of the AAA offices in the Bay area. Please update us how you proceed.

I am also in the Bay area and plan to do the same with the buyout of one Kia lease.

Hi. I finalized the lease but not the buyout yet. I was able to get $17,500 off MSRP with all the rebates, trade-in equity, and sales price discount. Very happy with the EV6 AWD with Tech package. I am planning to go with a CU but will also head over the AAA office since I am a member and see if they can get it processed without being double taxed.

Please keep us posted as so far

• 1 Guy sued
  • 1 Guy just magically got a refund check.

So just a quick update at the AAA office in Los Gatos. They said once I get the title from Kia, bring it along with the buyout letter. The buyout letter from Kia states the tax and the purchase price. They can waive the tax based on the letter ( and I assume they will do all the necessary documentation.). The question will be how long it will take Kia to send me the Title.

2 Likes

Great. Thanks for the update. I also leased a Kia EV6 AWD with around 15k discount/rebate 3 days ago and will do the buyout as soon as I get the title from Kia. I will check the AAA office in Los Gatos or San Jose, as soon as I get all needed information from Kia.

I read in some forums that we do not need to wait to receive the title (which might take around 30-90 days). It might be possible to do it much sooner as soon as the new car shows up in the Kia website and at that point, it is possible to request the buyout (using the lease agreement instead of title). I will check with a few AAA offices nearby in the Bay area to see which documents they need for the buyout.

Congrats. Where did you get your EV6? The AAA office requires the title that is sent from Kia. I sent the Payoff amount and am awaiting the title. Remeber to have a copy of the Payoff letter and title when you do the dmv titling at AAA.

Kia does everything electronically so my June 23 purchased was funded by June 26. Once funded you can sign up for the finance account and click a button for the buyout package. DM and happy to walk you through it.

I got the car from LA. I found the account number and I generated the buyout document which is valid for 30 days.

The dealer was suggesting to wait for 90 days and afterward, do the early buyout. Anyway, I think the sooner, would be the better :slight_smile:

I believe they get a chargeback if you buy out early.

Just a quick update for every one. I sent in the payoff to Kia Financial on June 29. They processed the Cashier’s check by July 8th and then sent me a secure message stating that the title is being processed and can take up to 20 business days. So far, straight forward process. The Kia finance website also shows the payment.

Once you get the buyout letter that the transaction has been finalized, you can request a bill of sale. I requested these items by calling into Kia Financial on 7/17/23. I received on 7/31/23 the following: 1) Bill of Sale showing the amount and the taxes, the REG 256 form (Statement of Facts), and the vehicle/vessel use tax clearance request. All were completed and in certain docs, just needs my signature. With this, I can go to the DMV since AAA will not process this. Hope this helps anyone who has purchased their lease immediately.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.