Kia EV6 Lease Early Buyout option

, ,

Its probably california getting it

1 Like

If you’re leasing from Hyundai, they do it at corporate for buyout. Not at the dealership. Corporate won’t fill out that document

1 Like

Thats why buyouts get double taxed

Do you mind sharing details of your lease agreement? How much did you paying monthly and what’s the trim?

Looks like someone could get their REG 256 done at a AAA office (which can handle some DMV paperwork):

“We went over to the the AAA office on Monday with our signed off Pink Slip and Bill of Sale. We also had my wife’s vanity plates. The gentleman at AAA did everything (including filling out the Reg 256 Section G). The whole process took less than 20 minutes and cost $30 ($15 for reissuing the Pink Slip and $15 for converting to the Vanity Plates). Signed the original paperwork (Lease) on March 26th and everything completely done by May 22nd (nine weeks!!).”

My credit union also said the same thing when I’m buying off my lease. CU provides all the paperwork to do the transfer of title, you bring it to AAA and they handle the rest.

Interesting, one guy says he had to fight for the reg256 and one guy says AAA filled it out, without the SR# that mustve been difficult

Edit : as a side note, 2 users here went to AAA after buying out their Kia and were double taxed.

Hi. Will the buyout just be the Adjusted Capitalized cost or the ACC minus the rent charges?

Buyout on Hyundai is RV + Unrealized Depreciation + some fees. No rent charge.

2 Likes

And taxes.

1 Like

Don’t get me riled up on how Kia double taxes unsuspecting Californians

1 Like

Yea Kia has always been a mess. Third parties straight up don’t even buy em out due to them taking 90 days to get the title.

So in summary, if someone wants to take advantage of the $7500 credit and optimize the price of the buyout, negotiate a low sales price since the RV is generally issued by Hyundai? Hence the value of stated depreciation is less giving the best buyout price…with taxes.

Correct, negotiate the best sales price, if you intend to buy the month afterwards, it won’t matter if the dealer marks up the MF to the sky, that’s 1 whole payment difference but if you can get a better price before 7500, it makes all the difference and RV means squat to a buyout.

1 Like

Buyout before tax will be very close to ACC.

You don’t deduct rent charge from ACC.

is this still a good option (from an equity standpoint) if I don’t intend to keep the car longer than 3 years? I know the interest rate on loan would be lower than MF, but there are disadvantages to buying (e.g. paying tax on full amount, unknown market value after 3 years, etc)

depends on the MF and the current Loan interest rates.

let’s say 8% (.0034) vs 6% on a loan

that’s too close to give you a good enough answer.

8% and 4% Heck yes but 8-6 for a car you want to sell off? probably not.

Why would you look at an EV lease from an equity standpoint? EV value is very unpredictable. Either enjoy a low lease (Which the EV6 is not compared to ID4 and Ioniq5) or buyout the lease month 1 and finance it

1 Like