Just signed Audi S5 Prestige 36/12 lease

You shopped the car and not the deal… enjoy while you can I guess. You scream entitlement though. Try not to get buyers remorse in 6 months and ask dad to get you into a 100k MSRP car next.

6 Likes

Audi Tier 1 and Tier 2 share the same rate, IIRC. Regardless, you should have asked them to bump you up a tier and save the $25. Usually it’s doable with a quick phone call. Too late now, but for the future.

Jesus, 22 with a 67k dollar car and 1k dollar monthly payment… Gotta say, I’m jealous. When I was 22 I was putzing around in a Mazda 3 hatch.

4 Likes

Rip off. Good luck with your insurance payment at your age …

2 Likes

That’s not going to be an easy convince for a 22 year old with very limited credit history on a 70k car. He’s lucky he got tier 2.

1 Like

Beautiful car…but seems like a terrible deal…did you try MSDs?

Audi S5 suck at leasing, and Nah they didn’t mention MSD

And I really wanted this one

It’s the prestige fully loaded

Enjoy it! 20char 20char

I have to say I’m jealous too. I will point out when I was 22 I leased a 2015 MB e350 $64k MSRP but thanks to this website I was able to capitalize on $353 a month tax included $1500 DAS. I couldn’t sleep at night knowing my payment and insurance were more then a mortgage where I live. Guess I’m not blessed enough to be swimming in a sea of Benjamin’s.

I do admire the IDGAF attitude. But at 22 fresh out of college, no matter how nice the car was I definitely couldn’t have justified signing a contract for $38,424 total outlay plus insurance - knowing that in 3 years I’d have nothing to show for it. Yikes. Maybe I’m a little too much of a tightwad planner but at your age I drove a used Accord so that I would be able to get a mortgage and park it in a garage every night. This isn’t a financial forum, but it’s also not a humblebrag about a mediocre deal that anyone can get simply by walking into a dealership forum. Have fun and enjoy the car!

5 Likes

Damn you got a killer deal! I’m 22 and paying ~670 (given 15k miles and no MSDs) for Edition 1 C300 Coupe and after getting few hacker deals I feel awful(love the car tho and would rather have it than 2 c300 sedan loaners)
P.S. my insurance went up like $25/month (had a Prius prior to that), gotta love Ohio insurance rates

1 Like

Relax folks… We do not know how much OP is making… Maybe his payment is %5 of his monthly take home pay…

1 Like

I advise OP to read The Automatic Millionaire and The Little Book of Common Sense Investing. These books will open your eyes about time value of money. This 36K invested in the S&P 500 at the age of 22 will probably be worth a million bucks at retirement age. I love the car but there’s no way I’m paying 1K per month. I would pay this kind of money only if I have an apartment building that brings 10K+ a month. I have a pretty solid income by anyone’s standards and still have hard time justifying even 500 per month.
Gorgeous car and I hope you enjoy it.

1 Like

Yep, this is true. But then I’ve read that the cost of living is out of control in that part of California, driven mostly by the folks in Silicon Valley.

Anyway, dope looking car OP.

Given his dad is helping with the payment then probably not. But this isn’t a financial forum so not really up to us to judge.

1 Like

No offense, but I advise you to read The Millionaire Fastlane (please ignore the actual name of the book) and / or Unscripted…
I know that $1k/month for S5 is ridiculous, but I also find it ridiculous when people are saying something like “I would pay this kind of money only if I have an apartment building that brings 10K+ a month.”
What do you spend other 9k on? Or do you reinvest so you can have few mil at the age of 60? Why do you need few mil at the age of 60 once again?

I passed on an $80k Cayman S for $300 / month less than this.

You should have used the money due at signing for MSDs instead and buy down your tier 2 credit. It would have saved you a ton. Also the maintenance stuff is F&I bs…

4 Likes

I’m with you on this. I’m all about having balance in life. It feels a lot better driving an S5 at the ripe age of 22, rather than when you’re 65-70 with possible health issues. At age 22, if you could comfortably afford a $1k lease pmt and still save and invest a bit, then by all means go for it.

3 Likes

Well in my opinion people should spend this kind of money on a car only if they are 100% independent financially. You ask me what I would do with the other 9K - I would rather have a nice house in a nice neighborhood, vacation home in a nice location, perhaps another one in Europe where I could stay several months and travel around. I am not saying that one should hide in a 300 sq ft studio, drive a 10 year old civic and eat 10 cent ramen noodles. I get equal or even more pleasure from my GS 350 for which I pay 350 per month. It’s not about what car you drive but how much you pay for it. I can not imagine a 22 year old needing more than an A4 or 3 series or IS 350; GS 350 will be pushing it.

What qualifies as AFS Tier 1? 700 FICO 8?