Just signed Audi S5 Prestige 36/12 lease

I was originally looking for the Audi A5 but ended up getting a solid deal on the S5 so just bought it.

Audi S5 Prestige FULLY loaded

**MSRP: $ 68,865
**Selling Price: $61,325
**Monthly Payment: $799 (paying $984 with tax and maintenance + wear&tear package for $80/month)
**Cash Due at Signing: $3000 (including first month, DMV, $1000 down)

**Months: 36
**Annual Mileage: 12,000
**MF: 0.00194
**Residual: 57%

**Region: CA

Regardless of whether this is a “good deal” according to lease experts, I think I got a solid deal as a non-expert

1 Like

Your paying $1k monthly on a 68k car.

4 Likes

Why does F-type R money being paid for an audi belong on LH?

3 Likes

It does not belong. But just because it’s a very nice car - the price doesn’t matter for some :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

You are paying $80 a month for a maintenance package? Yikes. Wouldn’t it be just cheaper to pay for maintenance out of pocket when it is due?

3 Likes

Not on the S5. If it’s Audi Care, that tends to pay for itself in the first 45k miles. I would have done the same with an Audi.

OP did alright considering all the add-ons. S5s never leased well, it was always better to finance.

Though I did see on the Audi forums a dealer was actively getting RS5s to folks at 999 a month with just drive offs. Mind you, drive offs we’re close to 8k…

Can you cancel the maintenance and wear and tear? I do not think there is any way you are going to have $3000 worth of maintenance and wear and tear in 3 years unless you are going to use this as a rally car.

Nice car. But you definitely didn’t get a “solid” deal. Pretty terrible honestly.

But if you can afford a 1k car payment then I’m sure getting a good deal isn’t a worry lol

maintenance and wear/tear

this is my first luxury car lease, didn’t want any surprised at the end

I wanted a small sedan with power and Audi is ahead of BMW/Benz with tech

I was also considering 440 but having the S5 is amazing

I would love to see someone post a better deal than this, its easy to sit at home and talk about 1% but with Audi S line, they dont really fit that model

1 Like

Bilious,

The wear and tear covers dents/scratches/etc

I commute from South Bay to San Francisco about 3-4 times a week so I needed added protection

1 Like

Also keep in mind I am 22 years old with not a large credit history so I am Tier 2 for credit approval which added $25 a month

with some additional packages and 9% tax + $25 extra because of my credit (low history)

Ill take it!!

What do you do that at 22 you can afford to rent a car for $36k over 3 years or do you have a sponsor lol

Good-looking car though

Work for my family business, my dad is paying $350 per month of the $984 payment

You should blackout the rims and windows.

I’m sure this car will help you with all the Instagram models in LA. Enjoy!

4 Likes

The sales person deserves a raise

17 Likes

There are so many options at $1k

2 Likes

In the Bay Area plenty of new grads in SWE make 140K cash, double it with equity on top

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be cheaper if he would have bought it?

62k / 72 months =$847. Add in interest, tax etc…

Probably pretty close

3 Likes