Just Signed - 2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0 w/Nav

Hi,

I just signed my first lease ever last night and I think I did ok:

2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0 w/Nav

MSRP: $33,865
Selling Price: $27,663.21
Monthly Payment: $298.14 (plus dent repair/road hazard/lost key insurance $13.75/mo = $311.89 total including tax)
Cash Due at Signing: 1,660 (I added $600 worth of accessories on top of required cash - floor mats, etc)
MSD: No MSD’s
Incentives: $1,500 dealer flex cash

Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12K
MF: .00092
**Residual:**53%

**Region:**Chicago

For what it’s worth I got this deal from Valley Honda in Aurora. I believe it was the last EX-L 2.0 with nav, but they were super easy to work with and came out with the best offer from the beginning. Send me a PM if you want the info for the salesman I worked with.

Also, Honda on Grand offered to use flex cash to match the deal if I would provide verification in writing, but I had already signed. I still would have gone with Valley as they had the best offer out of the gate, but I think Honda on Grand might be an option if you are willing to make them work a bit.

You did great! Congrats on your first lease and deal!

Great deal, but hope they didn’t scam you on the “accessories” as dealers tend to do.

Floor mats really aren’t standard?!!

1 Like

Lol, I’m sure I got scammed somehow, I just wasn’t bright enough to figure it out.

I should have clarified. I wanted the all weather floor mats and didn’t want to mess with tracking them down on my own, so I went with the dealer option. I do have the fabric floor mats in a box in my trunk.

Anyone want to buy a set of 2018 Honda Accord standard floor mats?? :wink:

As long as they are legit accessories like that. The scam items are like “VIN etching,” “nitrogen tires,” “paint sealant,” and other fake items.

You only overpaid $450 for the mats, no biggie.

2 Likes

Yes, yes, I paid $600 for floor mats. I negotiated the above deal and then thought the cherry on top would be $600 floor mats. I showed that dealer. :joy:

Let’s ignore the “floor mats, etc.” from the original post. There are wheel locks, body molding, and something else - I forget and I don’t have the paperwork handy.

Sorry for the bad memory and lack of specificity, but reading is fundamental.

Does that payment include Chicago’s 17% tax rate?

I’m in Dupage county, so no. (Chicago is in Cook County).

So just the regular tax rate which is 9%?

I should actually be at 7% for the vehicle tax rate in my village.

Floor mats aside, that’s just the type of stuff that you cross out and tell the dealer you won’t pay for. And then they say “ok” and give in.

Just so you know for next time; you still got a great monthly payment on a car that is hard to lease.

I hear you. The sales guy was super-chill and I didn’t have any of the stuff forced on me. I turned down mudflaps, VIN etching, and a few other suggested items. I went with the stuff that I thought would help preserve the condition of the car. I may end up buying it but 3 years is a long time and I’m not sure at this point. I guess time will tell me if I was right!

I should also probably thank everyone that contributes to this board. I wouldn’t have been able to negotiate the deal I did without reading all of the threads and the resources available here!

So thank you!

I have a 2016 EX-L that’s coming off lease soon and that seems like a good deal.

As for mats, I negotiated payment and then told them to throw in mats. I never pay for all weather mats lol. Just ask them throw in mats before you sign and you’ll get them.

Great deal. Enough with the Floor Mats. In hindsight, I’m sure he probably shouldn’t have even typed it in. That is an absolutely amazing deal. I’m in Florida, and I thought I had a deal done for the same car, but they flipped the script on me and instead of buying my trade in, they wanted to roll the $2500+ of equity into the deal. I was already to sign. So just to be clear, your payments would be $298.14 total for 36/12 if you didn’t get the $13.75/month key insurance/repair/road hazard. Did you have an option to put NOTHING down, and do an actual sign and drive? You mentioned “required cash” what does that mean? Couldn’t you have rolled that $1K into the lease? I’m just asking because I want to present your deal to a dealership where I live.

Very solid deal! Congrats and enjoy the car!

Who did you deal with? Currently I’m negotiating with David, and his manager Kevin Frank. They seem pleasant to deal with.

Jabs a good guy over there too, he’s one of the managers.

I never asked for a true no down payment because these terms worked for me. I know the $595 acquisition fee was part of it along with a $175 doc fee (standard IL garbage fee) and $101 registration.

So I don’t quite know if a true $0 down would have been an option, sorry.

Congrats, my man. :wink: