Just leased a 2016 328i - $46K MSRP - Sign and Drive - $330/month w/tax!

Hi All,

Just leased a brand new 2016 328i and got what I felt is an amazing deal, so wanted to share with you all in case any of you are in the market for something similar. Keep in mind I qualified for both loyalty and fleet discounts, which helped get the cap cost down. Here is the lease breakdown:

MSRP: $45,895
Selling Price: $37,441 (includes fleet and loyalty)
Acq Fee: $925
Cap Cost: $38,366
MF: 0.00116 (includes 0.00020 fleet reduction)
Term: 36
Miles/yr: 10,000
Residual %: 66%
Residual Value: $30,290.70
Base Payment: $303.96
Monthly Tax: $25.84 (tax of 8.5%)
Total Payment: $329.79

This was a true “sign and drive” in that I did not pay any money out of pocket at lease signing. First payment and registration were rolled into the cap cost. Overall, I felt this was a great deal for a $46K car (especially with nothing due out of pocket at signing) and we are very happy with the purchase. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Really low price. Enjoy.

Great job. I was wondering why you did not take advantage of MSD? Your MF is very high even after fleet reduction.

Thats the standard MF minus his discount.

I think he could reduce MF to 0.00046 if he deposit 7 MSD.

We don’t plan on keeping the car through the end of the lease term, so putting down MSDs is not an attractive proposition for us. When transferring the lease, it is much more difficult to find someone willing to lay out cash upfront, even if they will be getting that back at lease end. Many people don’t trust the process.

For the record though, putting 7 MSDs down would have dropped the MF to .00067 and saved us $36.50/month. If we planned on keeping the car for more than 12 months, I would have maxed out the MSDs.

That make sense. Each MSD reduce MF by 0.0001 point. is that correct ? Seven MSDs should get you 0.00116 - 0.0007 = 0.00046 not 0.00067

I believe it’s .00007 for each MSD

Each MSD reduces the MF by 0.00007. You can put down a max of 7 MSDs, which would reduce the MF by 0.00049. Therefore, my lowest MF could have been 0.00067.

Nice deal, is this in CA?

Yes. In Northern California at East Bay BMW in Pleasanton.

1 Like

What options did you get on the car ? I am interested in the same car in SoCal.

How did you get that much off the MSRP ? Is that a demo car ? Even with loyalty and fleet discount - seems like a lot.

Car has the following options:

Mineral White
Premium Package
Navigation
Drivers Assistance Package
Heated Seats
Automatic Transmission

This was not a demo car. It was brand new with 22mi on the odometer. I just negotiated the deal very aggressively and knew my numbers going in. The dealer was willing to play ball and we came to an agreement quickly over email/phone.

Nice. Thanks for the info. At the dealership now trying to replicate. Any chance you can PM me a snapshot of the contract. :slight_smile:

I’m at work, so don’t have the contract with me. Sorry.

Can you post a copy when you get home?

The dealer here in SoCal, won’t budge more than 12.5 % off MSRP

Sure, but that likely won’t help you. It might even hurt you. They may assume you are shopping their offer with another dealer and refuse to work with you entirely.

Your dealer has to be willing to take a fairly substantial loss on the car. My dealer was, but yours probably isn’t.

I contacted over 8 dealers in the area before I found this deal. :wink:

12.5% is not bad. Unless you qualify for both fleet and loyalty, you won’t be able to get much more off than that.