June 2021 Costco Incentives

you don’t need a costco membership to get costco gas…

Don’t you have to swipe your membership card first before you fill gas?

not anywhere in the tristate.

they actually do sometimes have good deals on OLEDs, but theyre weird models that are made specifically FOR costco. feels a little weird to me. same deal with the samsungs and a lot of their computers.

Okay…In PA, we had to verify the membership first but not sure if something changed in the past 1 year or so…

2 Likes

I had to use my costco member card for gas when I was living up in Massachusetts fwiw

1 Like

It’s actually only in NJ. It’s the law in NJ that you can’t make someone have a membership to get gas. Otherwise, in NY and CT, you’ll need your Costco card. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

woke-ass NJ…

1 Like

I was just on www.costcoauto.com and saw the messaging below about the chip shortage.

Feel free to zoom in to read the fine print, but here is what it says:

“Many dealers have limited vehicle inventory due to a microchip shortage. Costco Auto Program is monitoring the situation and working with our dealer partners to deliver current in-market savings for Costco members.”

1 Like

With PenFed there is 60 days before you become eligible for rebates. This time Costco gave a heads up, so anyone can join now to become eligible for this program by May 31.

Imagine we get Bolt Costco + NJ EV + GM card…

Since this thread is already about Costco, does anyone know how accurate the Manufacturer-Dealer Cash it shows on its site? How likely is it for dealers to pass it on to us or do they include it in their discount?

Just go to Edmunds.com . costco MIGHT be correct (looks like it pulls from the OEM sites) but Edmunds gives you more details for your situation.

1 Like

1 Like

Not sure why everyone’s so excited about Costco when dealers are discounting less than ever. You get $1k back for Costco but pay $5k more because the dealer is selling the car at MSRP

2 Likes

Because $1k from costco and $5k more at the dealer is better than $0 from costco and $5k more at the dealer? There also have been several decently discounted volvo deals that have been posted here recently.

6 Likes

Doesn’t change the fact that it’s a terrible time to lease a car

2 Likes

Sure, but sometimes you have to make the best of the situation

4 Likes

Don’t forget, the captive automotive finance arms know exact inventory numbers, sales numbers, what the factories are pumping out, and when new inventory will be on the ground for the dealerships to sell. If they don’t need to throw incentive money at vehicles in order to sell them, they won’t. They could raise money factors (interest rates), reduce or eliminate incentives. Coupled with much higher selling prices and higher lease payments.

2 Likes

People need cars. Not everyone can lease only when the best deals are available

2 Likes