Joke of the day - Musk predicts 1 million robotaxis in 2020

How far off the mark is he?

• Right on the mark
  • At least 1 year off the mark
  • 5 years away at best
  • Heā€™s still high from his Joe Rogan puff
0 voters

1 Like

sigh I wish he wasnā€™t like this. Heā€™s delivered a lot of good products, but these promises are out of control.

1 Like

Itā€™s gotten to the point I donā€™t believe anything that man says until (an if) it comes to fruition.

If I was wrong about deliverables as much as he was, Iā€™d be flipping burgers at McDonaldā€™s.

Iā€™m convinced heā€™s all about hype for getting that investment money pouring in, and maybe if heā€™s lucky, heā€™ll be right one of these times. Looks like his act may be running out of gas thoughā€¦stock dropped today after the announcement.

1 Like

The bottom of the day was 3.5 hours before the announcement. Maybe info was leakedā€¦but then again, the stock doesnā€™t move on this type of announcements.

Edit:
Ok now that i read what he said i realize what he meant. These are not necessarily new cars that he is talking about but also include the existing cars. Still vary ambitious but thatā€™s just himā€¦if he wasnā€™t it would probably be Boeing in the front seat for the NASA contract and German car makers wouldnā€™t be scrambling to catch up.

ā€œBy the middle of next year, weā€™ll have over a million Tesla cars on the road with full self-driving hardware, feature complete, at a reliability level that we would consider that no one needs to pay attention,ā€

I predict that by 2020 the government will issue each citizen a Pegasus. Be considerate, and donā€™t :poop: up your neighborā€™s roof when you get yours. Itā€™s bad form.

Heā€™s also delivered allot :rocket: into the :ocean:!

In the Bay Area, people just say maniacal things like this and ignore reality. In NYC, people are convinced the world is ending.

No idea what people in the Midwest think. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They think itā€™d be nice to have time to worry about stuff like robot taxis as they scuttle between jobs making a go of it on $35k incomes.

Well, many of them, anyway. I was there just a half dozen years ago.

1 Like

ā€˜Tesla and Panasonic need couples counseling,ā€™ analyst says
:grin:

Musk Duels Panasonic in Rare Public Battle With Key Supplier

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-21/musk-takes-on-panasonic-in-rare-public-battle-with-key-supplier

I think heā€™s spot on, at the speed things are happening. I can say from the industry Iā€™m in we have already positioned ourselves to assist in protecting this eventual outcome.

You honestly think adoption of it across the country will be that large in scale by next year?

JD81 - He canā€™t even build a million cars in a year, period. Automated or not. For chosing how to vote, Iā€™m between 5 years and he must have been smoking some killer stuffā€¦

StingerTT - Great point. The country isnā€™t setup or ready for this yet.

I didnā€™t read the article so I thought it was a generalization of there will beā€¦not I am doing.

Think he may be trying to get Tesla back to $300+

Stock looks like itā€™s headed towards a 52 week low in the next week or two!!!

In before Johnnycab.

May be time to scoop some I canā€™t see government letting him fail.

You can put as many periods as you want but thatā€™s not what he said. Read what he saidā€¦he talks about cars on the road and future productionā€¦still optimistic as hell.

This government? LOLā€¦they will have a big ass party if that happens.

Nobodyā€™s going to have to ā€œletā€ this cat fail. Heā€™s doing fine all by himself. Heā€™s too unstable and all over the place to make it. Plus heā€™s a fame whore, and that serves nobody well.

He better finish digging that underground tunnel

so they gave him billions of dollars in government subsidies because they want him to fail? well thatā€™s an interesting outlook