Joke of the day - Musk predicts 1 million robotaxis in 2020

Not this gov…that was Bush that signed the ev credits for car buyers. His gov is the one that finally put EPA in its place…working for the Oil/Coal industry…lol. They also helped the solar installation industry, which is the biggest solar related industry, by implementing that nice 30% panel fee. Good stuff!

IDK if I agree with that. If there was buy in to his plan, there would most likely have been at least a little jump.

This is years of over promise-under deliver type stuff. Tesla isn’t the problem, in my eyes. Musk is the problem with hyping up things with release dates that aren’t feasible. He comes across as a shady used car salesman at this point, saying anything, whether true or not, to move metal.

But you got to aim high? If they make a car where I can just get in and say, “Take me home”, I’ll actually stop being a cheapskate, sell some stock, and just buy the car instead of worrying about getting 15+ years on the leasehackr calculator.

Aiming high is one thing. Being consistently wrong on releases is another. Be realistic.

1 Like

But the mantra in the SFBA is “Fake it till you make it”

1 Like

I do see robo taxis in the future, 1 million by 2020 is impossible but when they arrive think of how many millions of uber and lyft drivers will be looking for work.

No I agree I see other countries already posturing for robo taxis. I think the biggest thing people don’t understand is yes those jobs will be gone. However as all species evolve the strong survive and some get left behind. The future will just be in tech jobs and there will be a lag of with industries of workers going under due to this. My 3yr old is faster on the iPhone/iPad than I am.

Necro’ing the most appropriate thread on robotaxis. When last we left our human beta testers…

Today we are learning that specific brand of :robot: murder-taxi is suspended in CA because it’s companion-humans withheld video evidence about it latest violation of Asimov’s 1st law:

If a robo-taxi runs this :potato: over, and literally drags me, please upload that shit to YouTube.

LiveLeak first.

It would be great if we could just admit none of these are ready for the road and that we stopped gambling with everyone’s lives doing real world beta testing which legit kills people.

19 and 20 got in a fight.

20 won.

Hahah, clicked on this assuming he’d just said it and still voted 5 years!

Oh please, a NYC bus did the same thing ( Woman Dragged, Killed by MTA Bus in Lower Manhattan, Driver Arrested: NYPD – NBC New York is just one example of NYC busses being pure win), and that was a person driving. And since autonomous driving only needs to be “as safe as” people, mission accomplished all the way down to murder tendencies.

Since I’m not sure how not to make this post sound like trolling, disclaimer: IMHO the autonomous driving is nowhere near ready for how it’s being tested, and all those people who were blocking these taxis with cones need to keep doing it.