Job change forces vehicle change

I recently changed jobs and an need of a pickup. The work I do requires a truck, so looking to move from 2021 BMW X3 M40i into a Toyota Tundra lease with as little financial loss as possible.

Questions:
Is it best to buy out and sell or do a lease transfer? Last I saw, BMW did not allow this, so calling the bank (BMW Financial Services) tomorrow to confirm.

How is the Tundra currently leasing? I see a few posts from brokers and looks like some are going for ~$500 / mo.

Anything else I need to consider?

Thanks!

How do you feel about new design Frontier? They’re one of the few true lease deals currently.

3 Likes

Use your trunk.

3 Likes

Yes you can do a bmw lease transfer. So post that here asap.

1 Like

Make sure to keep the transactions separate for best results; 1) Getting rid of the BMW while putting the most $$ back in your pocket, and 2) getting the best deal on the new truck, whatever that may be.

Unloading the BMW you have 3 main options:

1. Sell it to a BMW dealer (or a dealer group with BMW in their network)
  2. Lease transfer to another individual
  3. Buy out the lease yourself and sell it to whoever you want
3 Likes

Do you HAVE to have a Tundra? Tacos are looking in the 300s before TTL

4 Likes
1 Like

Have you considered the amount of mileage you will need? Requiring a truck for work sounds like the kind of thing that could also require driving stuff around more than 75 miles a day, which would put you at needing 15k miles a year at bare minimum.

3 Likes

Lobster salesman working out of Nevada? You know that means a lot of miles of driving.

5 Likes

Never really looked at Nissan. I’ve owned a few Toyota’s and have been pleased.

I’d consider a taco. In fact, the new Tundra is looking to be around the same size.

I can buy the bmw and sell you a tundra but geography could be tough on the bmw. Can easily ship you a tundra or use a Toyota dealer closer to you.

Feel free to text

Jim
215-359-6836

2 Likes

Hey Jim. Thanks for reaching out. Driving a friends 2023 Tundra today to see if it’s a fit and then will reach out to you for more info.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.