Jeep sales plummet 20% y/y

The straight 6 twin turbo they already have in the Wagoneer, if it had a hybrid system with it as well that’d be even better. It’s a smoother engine with more power and I’d take that over what is slightly better MPG from the current engine options. I’d prefer to have a Grand Cherokee since I would be driving it daily, but they need to be more competitive. Right now I’d take the Mazda CX-90 Turbo S Premium Plus over the Grand Cherokee everyday.

1 Like

The one that doesnt fit and would require a platform change, so its not going to appear during a minor mid cycle refresh?

2 Likes

Should’ve been a platform change instead, but I’m not interested in the Wrangler anyways.

I think the TFLT test was even worse than 100 miles.

More power?

The cx90 has 3 engine options

280 hp / 332 ft lbs i6
340 hp / 369 ft lbs i6
323 hp / 369 ft lbs i4 phev

The GC has 3 engine options

293 hp / 260 ft lbs v6
357 hp / 390 ft lbs v8
370 hp / 470 ft lbs i4 phev

All the cx90 engine options have less hp than the gc options. One of the three does have more torque.

Well the GC doesn’t have the v8 anymore so that’s out of the question. And the GC i4 phev is a horrible driving experience, plus once the battery is drained the power drops significantly. So yes the cx90 with the 340hp/369ft has more power and is probably a much better driving experience. Plus doesn’t require being plugged in to get it’s full power.

1 Like

Its available on the 3 row

This is completely untrue

Neither does the v6, v8 or the 4xe

1 Like

Sounds like you really get off to the current engine options so we’ll just leave it at that lmao.

No, i just drive a 4xe daily, so i know how they actually work.

If you prefer the cx90, thats cool, but at least base it on reasons that exist.

I’m sorry to hear that.

While I realize that this fluctuation is mostly due to general market forces, I can’t say I feel badly for Jeep/FCA here. The Jeep dealer network (at least the places I’ve had the unfortunate experience of dealing with for either sales or service) is horrendous. And I’ve discovered that ‘Jeep Cares’ is powerless to the point of it being a farce.

Given that these higher-trim Wranglers, GCs, etc are pushing well into luxury-pricing territory…they really ought to consider improving the customer-facing experience.

4 Likes

Nothing makes me happier than FCA stores with 400+ day Grand Wagoneers on their lot and books.

6 Likes

New hack incominggggg

4 Likes

This is true. Just got a GC 4xe. So of the dealerships were really dumpy. Many of the sales people belonged in some meme. Hard to imaging shopping for a 100k+ Grand Wangoneer.

1 Like

I’d definitely agree that the hugely inflated MSRP on GC and Wagoneer are a major factor. However, the reliability, which was never good to begin with, has gotten significantly worse. We’ve had 6 GCs since 2018. One of our 2018s needed a whole new transmission 6 months into the lease while the other 2018 was riddled with electrical issues. (Here’s that thread: [1/12/19 UPDATE] 2018 Jeep GC needs entirely new transmission. Dealer says Chrysler won’t have part for at least 2 weeks. What are my Lemon Law options? (NJ))

The 2020s we had were actually pretty solid (I guess that finally perfected the generation by then).

Enter 2023 - and I’m about to lemon my GCL. It’s been in the shop on 2 separate occasions (including just a day after leasing it) and has just hit the cumulative 30 day mark opening the door for a Lemon law case. Nonstop Electrical glitching issues and engine issues.

I think my run with Jeep is over. I may just buy a boring Honda or Toyota and perhaps wait till next year and see if we need a 2nd car and look into the 2024 Traverse which looks gorgeous so far.

2 Likes

Have to say though - after 2 or 3 went bad you still went to 6…

3 Likes

Should clarify - it was concurrent meaning 2 at a time for 3 model years. So it was two 2018s, two 2020s (no issues) and now two 2023s

But yes, definitely a love/hate relationship that I had too much patience for. But this is the last straw. It’s sad bc the car does drive great but I can no longer deal with the issues.

1 Like

Do we feel that the Wagoneers will ever start to see massive lease deals? I like them, just not at the price they are selling for ;(.

Even if the prices drop, is it worth the hassle of it being in service? When I dropped of my jeep and lamented how a brand new 60k car wasn’t working, they service advisor said how they’ve have 100k wagoneers with crazy issues as well

Great point!!