Jeep sales plummet 20% y/y

:chart_with_downwards_trend: :chart_with_downwards_trend: :chart_with_downwards_trend: :chart_with_downwards_trend: :chart_with_downwards_trend:

1 Like

Yea because we stopped flipping 4XEs :joy:

20 Likes

Maybe it’s time for some $300 a month GCs?

5 Likes

Interesting indeed. :face_with_monocle:

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

11 Likes

so LH contributed to 20% of jeep sales?

6 Likes

Without the $7500 tax credit the 4xe’s are in trouble. Will need lease bonus cash and heavy discount to make them appealing. Put it on the list of “future hacks to come.”

2 Likes

And I think we’re already seeing them throw money at these. Which has been the MO of Stellantis and FCA/Daimler/etc since the days of Iacocca.

Decent product but the premium prices across the lineup are hard to justify based on other options on the market.

1 Like

The credit is currently set to expire 04/17, IIRC?

Yeah but the lease party should continue. CCAP already extended through 5/1

Was saying this a few weeks ago. Completely agree.

1 Like

The mistake here was getting greedy with MSRP on all of their models when supply was constrained. Even the typical incentives can’t make up the difference here of what their products should sell for and the market they cater to.

I’ve enjoyed having my (many) Wrangler 4xes and GC 4xes but the MSRPs on these need to come back to earth. Even now there are plenty of options to get big discounts and you can still get into either for $4-500 a month.

2 Likes

Not the higher trims/optioned models… ~$700/mo is about the lowest that I’m seeing.

If they would put the new straight 6 turbo in the Grand Cherokee or Wrangler that would probably help lol. Drove a 4xe we have on our lot and I’ve got to say it’s not a good experience. It’s not smooth at all and I personally wouldn’t want a little 4 banger for an SUV.

3 Likes

$400 on a decently optioned Willys, $460 on a 65k Sahara with cold weather and sky top.

Then again it’s generous in MA with the Carb rebates that helps get there.

Is it possible there’s Jeep fatigue? :eyes:

1 Like

From my experience in the X5 45e I can second the smoothness that comes from an inline 6 combined with a small electric motor.

1 Like

What the hell is a decently optioned Willys. :rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile: :laughing: “I bought a loaded base model”

Very true. Some states really allow for the low monthly, unfortunately mine does not…

2 Likes

Lol. So with the Sun and screen (bigger screen and sky top) package it’s not bad. The tough part is cloth seats on all of them.

But Stellantis is certainly trying to get sales in the Carb states where the MPG bogeys matter.

I agree on not smooth. I almost got rear ended trying to merge on the interstate during a test drive. I was not expecting such a delay in power delivery.