Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe Lease, Good Deal?

I’ve come across a lease deal for a car, and I’m curious to hear your thoughts on whether it’s a good offer.

Here are the details:

Car Details:

• Model: Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe
  • MSRP: $62,155
  • Annual Mileage Allowance: 15,000 miles

Lease Options:

1. Option 1: $576 per month for 24 months
  2. Option 2: $599 per month for 36 months

Payment Details:

• First payment due at signing

Considering the provided information, what do you think of these lease options? Are they reasonable in terms of monthly payments and lease duration? Would you recommend any other alternatives or factors to consider?

I appreciate your insights and experiences in lease deals.

1 Like

Looks very high.

What is the money factor they are giving you?

Focus on either 24 or 39. The 36 is likely with Ally.

Or, specially ask to use CCAP.

1 Like

Appreciate the reply!

My vehicle payoff is $32,134.

They said they’d give me $33,000 for the vehicle but it’s like they’re giving me $34,000 because of some automatic $1000 bonus on any trade-in. Whatever. Seems like typical dealership smoke and mirror bullshit. Another dealership offered me $35,000 so it’s in the ballpark.

Does that answer your question?

I was planning on going with the 24 months after some deliberation.

Why do you think it seems very high? I’d be happy to explore other leases for other hybrids or EVs. I just don’t want to exceed $600/month with nothing out of pocket or whatever little equity I have in my vehicle.

Hard to say without know the money factor. You can ask them what this is. It’s very common for dealers to mark this up.

Sorry for the dumb question but how do I ask or find out the money factor?

Look for something that says money factor or interest rate.

Or give your sales person a call. Also find out what bank they are using. Most folks have been using CCAP.

Unless you have credit issues, it should be .00057 (1.37%.) using CCAP. Dealers can, and will, mark this up.

1 Like

Confirmed it is CCAP. I’ll ask about the money factor / interest rate.

The money factor is 0.00234…. What’s that mean? They haven’t run my credit it but I’m near 800.

Money factor x 2400 = Interest Rate

Looks like they marked that up 4 times… From 1.37% to 5.62%.

Ask for the regular mf. That @Jason_Carlough is mentioning. See what they say

.00057 is for 22s, not 23s

Help me understand what that means? Hypothetically, let’s assume they go, “oh darn you’re right, it should be .00057.” What’s that mean for me?

Well, a lower mf would mean youre paying less rent charge each month so your monthly payment would be lower, but they know exactly what theyre doing.

One thing to note is even with an 800 credit score it means you are eligible for a deal at the base mf, it does not entitle you to a deal at the base mf.

Marking up the rate is one of several ways in which a dealer generates more revenue, even with a high credit score. It’s up to you to negotiate it back to base mf or find a dealer that will.

1 Like

Shoot. I thought this was a 2022! Sorry!

Huh? Why would one knowingly not take anything but the base rate if they qualify for it?

Entitled? No. The dealer can refuse. But you can then walk away. That’s pure profit. Kind of goes against being a “lease hacker.” No?

1 Like

I was mostly making the OP aware that this is a standard and allowed practice so they aren’t making an assumption that they shouldn’t be.

Many times on LH we see people are unaware that having a high credit score isn’t an automatic pass to most advantageous rate or mf. Most times when a buyer makes an assumption that any variable is going in their favor without verifying it, turns out the dealer will turn every variable in their direction.

For most leases / purchases you are correct that as a hacker you should structure your offer with base mf. Though as @mllcb42 has thoroughly explained before there are certain instances where one could take a marked up money factor in exchange for a commensurate or higher discount on the purchase price.

Because it is better for you if it comes with a commensurate discount, especially on a vehicle with an easy path to selling early.

1 Like

Ahh. Fair points. You’re right. One shouldn’t go in assuming that the dealer must offer the buy rate. For me, I’d walk if they didn’t agree to it, but that’s also because we don’t get nearly as much off on the selling price up here (Alaska) due to lack of competition.

1 Like

Makes sense. Sorry. Up here in Alaska it’s quite difficult to get the same type of discounts others may see - very few dealers, and fewer who are direct competitors.

For the record guys, I appreciate the education you’re giving me here.

I asked the dealership the question and pressed why it’s not .00057. The MF they told me is 4x what you’re saying it should be.

Even if it is .00234, is $576 per month not great on an MSRP of $62,155 for 24 months and 15,000 miles per year?