MSRP: $46810
Sale Price: $40500
Monthly Payment: $247.96
Drive-Off Amount: $1244.79
Months: 24
Annual Mileage: 10000
MF: .00105
Residual: 75%
Incentives: $2500 ($2000 lease cash + $500 bonus cash mailer)
Region: NorCal
Leasehackr Score: 15.3
Leasehackr Calculator Link: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

After dealing with FCA dealers for the last two weeks I finally got this. The biggest part of the drive offs was the $634 California extortion fee. Some also call this a ā€˜registration feeā€™.

13 Likes

Congrats!!

3 Likes

Holy crap this is a legit hack, way to go!

2 Likes

This is awesome, and pretty similar to what Iā€™m about to do if you adjust for term and subtract my negative equity idiocy. Mine is going to be cheaper MSRP though. Thatā€™s an awesome job, I couldnā€™t touch that discount on a similar MSRP and I tried really hard today before saying yes to the deal I have. Nothing is official yet though!

2 Likes

That discount may have just been right place, right time.

They have been closed since March 16th and will be closed until at least end of May.

I think they just wanted to move it.

1 Like

Iā€™m almost 4,000 off sticker on mine but they wonā€™t budge past that. At some point I need to just realize itā€™s still a good deal if I really want the truck.

1 Like

@jeisensc alluded to things like stair step bonuses, etc being suspended for some dealers, so my suspicion is that there is some sort of rollover/carryover in play here. Maybe this was literally the last car they needed to get their bonusā€¦ Eventually once everything is sorted out. Just my hunch, for whatever it is worth.

Some on this very message board have called my allusions ā€œunsubstantiatedā€ so please take what I write with a grain of salt, your mileage may vary, I am not a lawyer, not responsible for unintended side effects from off-label use, any forward-looking statements may be unsubstantiated.

Little birds tell me things :bird: :speaking_head: :eagle: :speaking_head: :owl: :speaking_head: :hatching_chick: :speaking_head:

1 Like

Of course, but those things do start to make sense if you see some dealers still willing to move metal when they should be in survival mode.

1 Like

In another thread today someone was shocked a dealer might not take a loser deal because fixed overhead expenses.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

:face_with_monocle:

:thinking:

1. Sales pays the labor. Service pays the bills.

2. January and February happen every year. 0 customers and bullets in finance are the norm. Dealers keep cash reserves.

3. As others mention regularly, several dealer groups are in the Fortune 500

4. itā€™s not a lemon-aide stand: you donā€™t have cash out of pocket for your floor-plan (consigned on credit), you donā€™t take the loss until you sell the car. There is no incentive to sell today for double digit % less than expected today vs pay floorplan (effectively 0
    But for the loaded up passenger car on the sales floor, wearing a price is right tag, about to have itā€™s third birthday)

5. Many manufacturers are still not running. Theyā€™re not accumulating a surplus of cars which means they donā€™t have to pay those stairstep bonus is to keep moving the metal. Turn and earn.

1 Like

Car was sold by dealer on the Peninsula, factory bonuses are paid out this month irrespective of dealership hitting any bonus. They donā€™t do it that often but they did do it this month. Leased vehicle invoice was $44956 so this is an excellent dealā€¦ Congrats and enjoy.

1 Like

@jeisensc confirmed cuckoo

IDK

What am I doing anymore, I have an O chem test I need to do rn, itā€™s due at midnight, itā€™s open book, and I can cheat as much as I want, why am I hereā€¦

1 Like

Countries of the world song from memory?

Yep, but now itā€™s a meme, counting the # of covid cases! They are getting back together on hulu.

10% behind invoice means that this sale must have meant a lot if this is accurate!

Yeah I have no idea why they were discounting so much but Iā€™m not complaining. Interestingly, the dealer has two other very similar Sport S with $6000 discounts advertised online. Someone might be able to replicate.

Ok, so I have now gotten 4 PMs asking for the dealer. It was Putnam CJDR in Burlingame.

Disclaimer:
THIS MAY OR MAY NOT REPLICATE. As others on this thread have said, this may have been the last unit they needed to get a bonus.

Also, numbers change tomorrow so this may not even be possible again.

Good luck

2 Likes

Stellar deal. Congrats!

1 Like

I have just scheduled my first warranty-work appointment.

The start-stop system never worked.

I guess Iā€™m officially an FCA owner now. :joy:

1 Like

The reliability Godā€™s canā€™t help you now.

Sincerely, a Nissan with a cvt owner.

1 Like