Jeep Accessories Thread

What do folks recommend for front license plate holder?

The one you get for free from the dealer.

2 Likes

Umm didn’t get one…but thanks for the input.

They left mine in the trunk

Same…in the ‘secret’ compartment.

still looking for a 4xE cover if anyone has a lead i’d appreciate it.

Does anyone want rock rails off a rubicon? I got them for my first sahara because imo the steps just get in the way unless it’s lifted. They’re free if anybody is in the area and wants to pick them up. Rochester NY

1 Like

i thought this was briefly touched on at some point but i can’t seem to find the post in this thread - what is the general consensus on using some kind of extension cord/extra long charging cord to get level 2 charging? now that the car has finally arrived its pretty much going to be physically impossible to install the outlet and mount a L2 charger and get 24ft of distance comfortably. I’d have to park all the way up on my lawn or walkway to get close to that. i know they have L1 extension cords but that would basically have me charging it all night. not the end of the world but the extra speed of the L2 would really be a benefit.

Lectron sells an extension… but they also make evses that are notorious for having overheating problems, suggesting that properly sizing wiring isnt exactly their forte. I wouldnt trust it.

The “proper” way to do this would be to bury some conduit and run appropriate sized wire in the conduit, and then have the evse installed on an outdoor stand near where youll park.

sadly, the wonderful HOA regulations make that impossible. hell even if it was i don’t know if the physical layout would make it feasible.

What state are you in? AFAIK 5 states have right to charge laws which may help you bypass the HOA. California, Oregon, Florida, Hawaii, Colorado. I think MA and CT are in the process of passing those laws.

First mod, $25.99 at amazon

7 Likes

florida. if i was going to run a post, and future proof it, i’d need to run a 50 or 60amp circuit around 25ft and have metal conduit cover snaking out of my attic next to the front window of my house. its theoretically possible but i don’t know how practical that would be. not to mention expensive.

Jeep should be embarrassed for using that old ass antenna in 2022! The was the first mod my friend did on hers, second was tint.

Sounds like a headache. If you can make do with level 1 just make sure you get the appropriate gauge extension cord. (12 gauge should work, but double check for your setup.)

it might be. even the state law doesn’t exactly state what kind of charging setup you’re allowed to have and where it can go, so the community still has some leeway there. if i could get the buried wire it might actually work i just don’t think they’d honestly go for it.

Whereas I think the rubber ducky is cheap-tacky. Alas, who still listens to radio?

Are any of the “prime day” Level 2 chargers good? CT (Eversource) does give rebates ($500) for “Chargepoint Homeflex CPH50” as well as “Juice Box 32, 40, 48.” As well as $500 for installation and $300 to enroll the charger in connected solutions (Wifi) so they can monitor your charging during off peak hours. Should I just stick with what I can get a rebate for?

They all look to be generic knock off chinese evses. You couldnt pay me to use them.

1 Like

Thanks. So I should stick to what the power company will give me a rebate on?

1 Like